Sunday, August 26, 2007

American Experience

Even Castro was a cute kid. I'm watching the PBS American Experience on Fidel Castro. I've always like documentaries but now that I'm married to Ryan I have to be more well informed, I can't just BS cause he knows the facts. He's like my dad in that way, he's very well read and I like to think he knows everything. So I want to know enough to keep up with him, and since I'm not a big reader I rely on educational television. Thanks to Blockbuster online I can rent all the docs I want. As well as the foreign films and mindless TV and Movies that keep me in a good mood. I have to admit I'm hooked on The Girls Next Door, you know Hef's women. I'm fully aware It's a mindless show, but for some reason I always find myself smiling when I watch it. I wouldn't trade my life for theirs but It's still fun to watch how the other half lives. I think I'm going to start writing on here about the movies I'm watching, and if anyone has any recommendations please feel free to comment. The other one I have right now that is an old favorite of mine, La Haine (Hate) it's a french film shot in black and white even though it's contemporary about a gang in France who has a friend shot by a policeman. One of the characters finds a cops gun and swears vengeance. It's Interesting to see a usually American experience played out in a European city.

2 comments:

Sarah Bellum said...

I miss watching mindless TV with you! Midge meals and Buffy... those were the days.

jen said...

I love mindless TV. I feel guilt at times for wasting my precious time with the kids or I guess I could be doing laundry or cleaning. It's my time. Enjoy your smart movies though. I'll continue watching The Real World, The Hills, Big Brother 8, Oprah (can be educational), The Biggest Loser (makes me think I can lose weight one day), The Girls Next Door, The Soup (hilarious and I won't give it up), Extra, Inside Edition (I think I'm growing up though because I'm not so into the Hollywood drama anymore). I'm sure I have many more shows but they are so mindless that I can't even recall what they are right now.