Monday, June 30, 2008

I have an addiction

My name is Marjorie and I'm a cupcakeaholic. I was going through with drawls because I hadn't made any cupcakes for at least a week. So I broke down and made some for Sunday dinner. I got some yummy Lemon Curd at Trader Joe's which inspired these lemon cupcakes. While I was making them I was thinking about how the pioneer woman does her recipes and was tempted to take pictures of the process but I was lazy and just took one at the end. But I used a big spoon and scooped out the top of the cupcake and put a little lemon curd in then put the back back on. I made the frosting with a little lemon juice in it. With how strong the lemon curd is I could have left the juice out of the frosting but it was still yummy. Fortunately most of them got eaten at dinner so I only have a couple left at home to tempt me.
I got a lot of other yummy things at Trader Joe's however the only things I brought home with me were some wheat crackers, lemon curd, granola and a few TJ bags that I've already gotten a lot of use out of. Why oh Why can't they put a Trader Joe's in Utah?

7 comments:

Shari said...

Those look so dang good! My sister lives in St. George adn they take trips every so often to Trader joe's.

Kitty said...

YUM, I'm salivating over here.
HUGS

Anonymous said...

I so agree on the Trader Joe's thing. Ugh. That lemon curd is so good.

And what the hell- why haven't I seen you in over a month?

annzy said...

There is no trader joes because although they are awesome they clearly are secretly very mean ~just like the boy i dated in high school.

Diana said...

looks so yummy. I love lemon flavored anything.

Bridget said...

The cupcakes look great. We wrote TJ's a few years ago and begged them to put up a store anywhere in the state. We did get a response, but they weren't interested! Rejected!

Anonymous said...

You should go to designmom.com.
She lives in NYC and just went to a fabulous cupcake party!
oooh, I really want some cupcakes right now!