Finally, after all the talk and bother I threw Ike a Monkey birthday party. A month late, but he's 1 what does he care. We wanted to wait till Matt and Holly got back and I'm glad we did, it made for a bigger funner party. Didn't the cupcakes turn out cute. Luckily my niece Bradley was here to help me with them. She has some serious frosting skills. They aren't perfect but they are pretty darn cute.
Grandma got Ike a cute big balloon and I supplied the Curious George pinata. I decide to do Monkey with a Hawaiian flair hence the pineapple and banana's. I made teriyaki pulled pork sandwiches with grilled pineapple and Hawaiian king buns, yum. Ryan's family brought the rest of the yummy food, I should have taken a picture.
George was almost as big as Ike, but not as cute. Ike didn't do much of the hitting but he got to hang out with him a little before the decapitation.

Um Christian your not suppose to hit him in the balls. I love the picture I caught of Jace swinging away. Uncle Matt had to step in and take care of business or TCB as the king would say. Otherwise we would have been there all day. I wish Emily would have been in this picture then it would be a perfect family portrait with all of Ryan's brothers and sisters. After George got decapitated everyone just sort of sat around the booty and picked and sorted. It was the most civilized pinata I'd ever witnessed. I guess that's what happens when there are only 2 kids and they are only allowed 5 pieces of candy out of 70.
It started out Innocent enough. What's the worst that could happen if you give a 1 year old a chocolate cupcake.
I think he shares his dad's love of all things chocolate.
It actually doesn't look that bad in the pic, and was fine till he was done and started crawling on me with his chocolate hands. I knew he was going to get messing and yet I didn't check my bag and make sure I had pajama's for him.
So he ended up opening up presents in his onsie. I love babies in onsies though. Give me a onsie and a pair of shorts and he's got his summer wardrobe taken care of.It was a really fun party and he got a ton of cool books and some really cute wood toys. I think his favorite thing though was the card Grandma and Grandpa gave him. Thank you everyone for a fun party. I married into a pretty awesome family.


11 comments:
Those cupcakes are BEYOND cute, the big balloon, the pinata! How super creative, love all of it.
Looks like fun. You put a lot of work into all that! My mouth was watering when I read the part about the menu. Mmmmmmmm!
Those cupcakes are SO cute. It all is cute- esp Ike! Glad the party was a success.
Your monkey cupcakes turned out great! They are so cute! It looks like a good party, and I'm sure Ike enjoyed demolishing his little chocolate monkey!
Happy Birthday lil guy. Looks like you had a real SWINGING party! The cupcakes were do darling. I love babies in onesides, too.
Thanks for sharing your party. Wish we could have been there. We'll be back for #2. Avarie said they were going to your place on the 4th. The fourth doesn't happen in Costa Rica. Happy Birthday Ike. We love you and Miss you. Grandma and Grandpa
Hey Marjorie! I haven't talked to you forever but I got the link to your blog from your parents and wanted to say hello. It is great to see how you are doing and see your little guy. He is a cutie. Hopefully we will make it back to Utah some day and can see each other.
Amy
The monkey stuff turned out so cute! I love it. Ike looks adorable too. I love watching them tear into their cake and go crazy. Looks like a fun day.
What a fun party! You did an amazing job on the menu and the cupcakes...they're adorable!
Way to go girl!
Nice job! I love throwing a themed birthday party. It looks like next time I'll need to get your help.
Ok I'm hiring you to do Megan's first birthday in February because it is so cute!
Post a Comment