Friday, August 8, 2008

Out and About




Sunday my little family took a drive up the canyon. Every time we drive up there, which isn't very often, I think why don't we come up here more often. I mean we live at the base of two beautiful canyons and we so rarely take advantage of it.









We made our way up to Cascade Springs. We've been up there a few times. It's a fun place to walk around and see some natural beauty. I brought the baby bjorn with just in case we wanted to hike a bit and Ike still fit in it. We hadn't used it since he was about 5 months old but it says it can be used up to 25 pounds so why not. Does anyone else know any fun places up Provo or Timp canyon to see that's not a major hike?

4 comments:

Riding said...

I have only been to Timpanogos. That was years ago though. As far as others in that part,Google always has the answers.

http://www.trails.com/advancedFind.aspx?keyword=Pleasant+Grove&state=UT&zipcode=&activities=&distance=&city=

Cecilia said...

How fun to take a walk up the canyon as a family...It's a really bonding experience and when we do it, I wonder the same thing...why don't we come more often???

PS- Ike is so cute!!!

Kents said...

Hey, we just got back from camping in Carpinteria and I visited a CUTE quilting shop there. They had some fabric that made me think of you. It's by the brand name "Marcus". I searched for Marcus online and they make all kinds of fabric but the lines I think you'll like are under the name: Alfresco, Retro (something), etc. Check it out!

Kelly said...

there are tons of great hikes that aren't as strenuous as the 18 mile round trip to the peak. there is stuart falls near sundance, julie andrews meadow (don't know the real name) at timpanoeke campground, silver lake in american fork canyon, and a couple others if you are interested. i grew up in alpine and spent a lot of time going up and over the divide to the pfiefer horn, lone peak, and box elder peaks. i can give you details if you want. there are also a couple in provo canyon, near south fork.