Saturday, August 2, 2008

To cheer you (me) up

Ike's had a cold and I've been in a funk. I was determined to get out of it today but then I went to Walmart and so many things annoy me there that it put me right back in a funk. But then I checked super cute Kat's blog cause she said she gave me a blog award. On one of her other posts she mentioned a guilty pleasure song. S-U-P-E-R-S-O-N-I-C by JJ Fad! I had to watch the video and it totally cheered me up. I actually had the 12in single, that's a record for those of you born after 1985. I loved the song on the b side too because it was a dis on all the other lady rappers of the time. So enjoy the video with me and hopefully it will cheer you up like it did me.

5 comments:

Shari said...

I hate wal-mart too, but at the same time can't live without it. Ryan saw me in walmart one time and then told Mark that I didnt look like I was having a good time, or something like that. My kids were running all over the place. I just went to the grovery store out here in Heber and that drove me crazy. Right in the middle of the day they are pulling out these crate full of stuff. I couldn't get anywhere and then when i was checking out. The car cart doesn't fit through the checkout so you have to unload walk the cart all the way around and then load up again. So lame. Won't be shopping there again. I can only imagine if I tell my kids they can't ride in it and I am deffinetly not doing the walk around thing again.

Kitty said...

Wal-Mart SUCKS. Hey, I updated the post. Silly me.
hugs,
Kat

JACK!E said...

I had no idea what a 12in single was. Dec. 1982 lol!

jen said...

That's some good stuff right there. Wow. I've never even heard of them. I was born in '77 and I still had no idea what a 12in single was. My sister that was born in '70 had a record player but I was more of a tape girl.

Rainey said...

Okay girl you just brought back lots of memories (for those of us born in the 60ies). Remember painting mom's kitchen to the Bobby Brown album? We listened to it at least 20 times in a row. I still know all the words to every song. And of course I remember you trying to teach me the cabbage patch and the running man for hours on end because I had no rhythm. You always were looking out for me.