Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First appointment

I had my first doctors appointment yesterday. I'm 9 weeks pregnant right now. So far everything seems like it's going well. I'll get to hear the heartbeat at my next appointment in 3 weeks. My doctor said it didn't feel like I was having twins so knock on wood. While sitting in the waiting room I kept seeing all these women about ready to pop and I realized, I don't want to be pregnant. Then in the appointment I peed in a cup, got my blood drawn, had my doctor do things to me I normally don't let a man I just met do to me and all the joys of pregnancy came back to me. What am I doing putting myself through all this again. Oh wait, I guess it's so I can have another kid as cute as Ike. I know, I'm excited, I'm just looking forward to my 2nd trimester, I could do without the first and third.

8 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Glad to hear all went well. And there's something to be said about only having 2 kids!

Riding said...

This post is the making of quite the journey. Thank goodness for blogs and helping us to document everything better.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Midge!

Cate said...

I'm with you. I absolutely hate being pregnant - I'm excited about the new baby coming but when I'm only a few weeks along it's hard not to panic, knowing all that is yet to come. Still, I'll be excited with you (especially when the doctor confirms a single birth, eh - that's always my first question, too)

rmt said...

Oh, pregnancy.
I'm with you. I did not enjoy being pregnant and was so glad when it was over. I think that having a beautiful baby is about the only thing in the world that is worth going through all of it!
Hope you are feeling better.

Bridget said...

Congratulations! Little babies are so great- my sister just had her second and she is darling- I am glad it wasn't mine though. Two kids are perfect. Manageable, but that isn't for 7 more months! Enjoy Ike and don't feel guilty about anything.

Diana said...

Congrats again and good luck. I hated my first trimester of pregnancy with both kids. But all the work of pregnancy is definitely worth it.

Robyn said...

Was there a question of twins? That little Ike is so cute, even if he doesn't want to be my friend. I tried, I made the effort, but he just rejected me. What can I do?