Friday, February 15, 2008

I chocolate cake you



I decided I had better make the flourless chocolate cake that I recomended to everyone since it sounded like a few of you were planning on making it too. I'm glad I did, it was just as delightful as I remembered. I decided it's basically a fallen souffle, very light and moist. I ended up baking it longer than the recomended time and it seemed to have worked so I hope who ever made it it worked out.
I told Ryan all I wanted for Valentine's Day was to have dinner at home and then watch a movie. Since it's like pulling teeth to make him watch a movie with me I figured sparing him getting me something he would have to agree. I watched the begining of the documentary The King of Kong, A Fist Full of Quarters, and knew Ryan would like it, so that's what we watched. It's about, you guessed it, the nintendo game Donkey Kong. It shouldn't have been suprising to learn that there is still a group who competes for top scores of the classic nintendo games. It was a really entertaining film, including a hero and a villian like any good drama. I highly recomend it. Ryan paused it to take Oskar out and it ended up on this screen, how appropriate. I love it when things just work out.

5 comments:

Tamster said...

Hey, Marj! Looks good! It wasn't until you commented in this post about it being flourless that I even realized that it didn't have any flour in it. Jeremy's got some family members who can't have gluten; they might be interested in this recipe. Would you mind if I copy the recipe and put it on my blog? I guess I'll have to try making it too. It does look pretty good, and I'm not a huge chocolate person. Anyway, let me know if that's okay. Thanks. :-)

Bridget said...

The only video game that I can and want to play is nintendo Super marion Bros. It doesn't get any better than that classic... Though I do remember trying to play donkey kong in my youth! I think that I suck at video games. Some day I will make that cake.

Diana said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's.
That is awesome that "you" ended up on the screen.
I'll have to tell Lou about that movie/documentary I bet he'd love it.

jen said...

That sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day! I just wanted to stay home too. I think Valentine's Day is my new favorite day.

Chowza said...

Sounds like a delightful Valentine's Marj. I need to make that cake too. It's like a truffle cake. :)