Thursday, February 21, 2008

Let's get physical

My sisters would never tell me the double entendre that made that song so racey. They always said I'd figure it out some day. They said it in regards to that song 'I'm just a gigolo' by David Lee Roth too. But I digress, that's not what this post is about.
I found a workout that I actually like doing. I got the book You on a Diet, which truth be told I haven't even cracked open yet. But when I saw on Blockbuster.com that they had a You on a Diet Workout I decided to rent it. It has 20 minute workouts for beginner, intermediate and advanced. Being in an out of shape post pregnancy state, I've only tackled the beginner but I think it's doing what it's suppose to. I'm feeling it in all the places I usually ache naturally so they obviously need some strengthening, shoulders, back, stomach, legs. I've actually been craving doing this workout, which says alot because I've never liked working out before. So I've only done if for 3 days now, but it's a start. I tried everything to make a copy of it but the darn thing is copy protected so I'm going to have to actually buy it, but I think it will be worth it. Now if only I could find the outfit that Olivia is wearing I would really enjoy working out.
Does anyone else have a workout video that they love that I should try, I'm looking for a good Yoga one too.

7 comments:

Tamster said...

I haven't done much yoga, but I have done some of the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos with friends before and liked them. I'm not much for aerobics, and I like her walking approach. I don't own any of them myself, however. Thanks for the suggestion. I need to get working out and back into shape too! :-)

Sarah Bellum said...

Two things that will blow your mind:

1)Sara Ivanhoe 20 Minute Yoga Series is amazing. I have them all and they are the perfect length and you can target different areas each day. I love it. (You can borrow and try to burn if you want.)

2) I have those pink leg warmers. Okay, that isn't really a shock, but admit it, you're totally jealous. And you should be!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to the healthy lifestyle changes! I have yet to find a workout video that gets me motivated enough to keep doing it for more than a week so I have come to terms with it. I hope you find many!

Diana said...

Good luck in your changes. You'll do great.
I have a pilates video that I really like. I'll check what the name is and email you the link to info about it. I haven't used it in awhile (I joined the gym after Joshy was born and rather go there than do a video).

Robyn said...

That sounds like a good video. I haven't found a good yoga DVD myself, so I will have to try the one Sarah recommended. I do like Kathy Smith's Lift Weights to Lose Weight though. She is painfully annoying, but if you mute the sound and listen to your ipod you can take it. The exercises are very good and it's very time efficient. I just wish it didn't include her!

Bridget said...

Did you know that in the 70's there was a gum that had tape worm eggs in it!! When you bought the worm gum-pills supposedly they gave the de-wormer pill too for when you got emaciated from the parasites! Sorry- that was gross. Here are some good yoga websites for when you get tired of the yoga video: www.santosha.com, www.yogabasics.com

Michelle said...

I remember the music video and thinking there was something more to it than just exercising! I have never tried home workouts I think I'd be too lazy. I have to get a gym membership to guilt me into working out.