Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SPT - Ice Cream

The last July SPT is Ice Cream, what a great topic.


So I checked my fridge to see if we had any props for the picture. Turns out, we have quite the mother load of the stuff.
All purchased by my husband I'll have you know, I try not to eat too much of it.

As I was trying to take some pictures Ike had a bit of a breakdown because, well, he wanted the Ice Cream. It's sad that my 1 year old knows what Ice Cream is and wants it that badly. I've eaten it in front of him a few times and given him little bites and then I have to put it away because he starts to freak out if I don't keep feeding him. What a little stinker.







Last night Ryan was going through Ice Cream withdrawal so he went to get some more, which added too our stock pile. While he was out I decided to dish up some Ice Cream of my own. Oh my, I came up with this beautiful concoction. Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream, a Peach, and Trader Joe's Pecan Praline Granola. Yum!
Ryan brought me back Cake Batter Ice Cream from the store because he knows my love of cupcakes. It really does taste like cake, or at least the closest thing in Ice Cream form.











Then there is the Great Ben and Jerry's Debate...
Which is better Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream, or Willy Nelson Peach Cobbler? It's way too hard for me to choose, I love both men and both Ice Creams. Maybe you should go out and get both of them and decide for yourself, what a better excuse to enjoy some yummy Ice Cream!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

woah - that' a lot of *props* you have on hand :)

Rachael said...

WOW! You definitely have some ice cream. I love the Karmel Sutra (sp?)...the core of caramel is sooooo good. I will have to try the cake batter!

Courtney said...

I want your FREEZER...YUM! You had me drooling over the Bryers Vanilla Bean with fresh peach and that praline granola...holy cow woman!

jen said...

All that ice cream would not last long in our fridge. They quite selling my favorite ice cream at Smith's:(. I was just looking for it today. I doubt I'll ever find anything like it again. I'm so sad! I want to cry just typing this:(. I'll try the cake batter though. That might be o.k for now.

jen said...

I mean the quit not quite

Jeanette said...

Your concoction looks fabulous!!! Yummy! Yummy!

Sandi said...

I want to eat out of your freezer. Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia for me.

Michelle Alley said...

The peach concoction is pure genious and I can't help but eye those cupcakes in the next post! That is a whole lot of goodness in your home!

Lene said...

Oh that peach, granola and vanilla concoction looks delightful.

Too funny that your baby knows his ice cream treats.

Anonymous said...

Your concoction looks awesome. I have never thought to put granola in ice cream!

The cake batter one grosses me out- but I had some that I think was Dryer's brand and I seriously could have got myself sick on that one. It is freakishly good in such an indulgent way.

carrs said...

I love your freezer contents. I wish I had that many to choose from. That is a funny picture of Ike. He knows what the good stuff is.

Riding said...

Oh, Americone Dream wins all the way with me.

The first time I bought Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler, I told Carter to try it. He was under the impression that since it was Willie's Ice Cream that maybe it was hash flavored.

Cake Batter is my favorite. I consider it a small feat against ice cream when I take two sittings to eat it, instead of one.

Riding said...

Actually, I thought about it and Oatmeal Cookie Chunk is my favorite. mmmm...Cinnamon Ice Cream.

It's hard to find now though.

MaryRC said...

What an ice cream conniseur you are! And I don't blame those tears, Ice Cream Rules!!

Dacia said...

Oh I wish I had that much Ben and Jerrys in my freezer right now! I love going to the Ben and Jerrys store and getting a big 'ol waffle cone full of their ice cream. YUM!!!

Chowza said...

Have you tried Ben & Jerry's "Imagine Whirled Peace"? They were inspired by John Lennon's song, "Give Peace a Chance." Cute pic by the way. :)