This weeks SPT: Water. The first thing that came to my mind was one of my favorite Dorothy Parker poems.If you and I were one,
And carefully we'd plan it so
We'd get the morning sun.
I'd rise each morn at rosy dawn
And bustle gaily down;
In evening's cool, you'd spray the lawn
When you came back from town...
Ryan's summer obsession is the lawn. He can and does spend hours fiddling with the sprinklers getting them just right. We don't have a sprinkler system so he's always coming up with different ways to water it. This is his latest contraption he's built. He's headed to California for the weekend for a wedding so guess who is getting stuck keeping the grass green or else.
Wish me luck! I had major malfunctions just trying to get this shot. If it were up to me all the time the front yard would probably look like our backyard, which will not be pictured here....If you and I were one, my dear,
A higher life we'd lead;
We'd travel on, from year to year,
At no increase of speed.
Ah, clear to me the vision of
The things that we should do!
And so I think it best, my love,
To string along as two.
*Dorothy Parker use to be a lot more poignant to me when I was bitter and single.

11 comments:
lucky you, getting to keep up with the watering (we've all but given up this year, paying attention only to our young trees.)
i've never heard this poem before, but i instantly loved it!
i love that poem. it's so sweet and simple.
Cute spt...I tried to get one with the hose too and failed horribly, thus I am not pictured with the hose! I love that lawn!
Good luck with the lawn! It's lookin' great...mine is horribly fried. Love the poem!
Great poem. Good luck with your yard duties.
We now have fake grass due to never watering properly!
Great SPT, great poem!
Good luck with your lawn...It loks great!
I love lawns, but not the madness they can induce! I myself have succumbed to wacky lawn experiences. Love the poem.
Great poem.. Have fun watering the lawn all weekend.
I love the monkey stuff for the party. Too cute!
Lawns are such a pain to keep perfectly green all the time. Good luck with the watering!
That is a sweet poem. My husband doesn't water! Right now I am moving our tiny sprinkler all around the yard! Our sprinkler system is dead and not to be resurrected. I like the contraption and have been thinking about making a similar one... : )
Post a Comment