Friday, August 29, 2008

I got out of the house!!!

And took Ike to Thanks Giving Point Garden. I don't know why I had never been there before. It's beautiful. I'm looking forward to next year, I'm going to have to get a pass so Ike and I can go visit all that TGP has to offer.
This was one of my favorite roses in the rose garden. There were alot of amazing things there, from the Italian fountain that went twice as far as the picture below, to the largest man made waterfalls, that are actually really intricate up above.







My second favorite roses. I may have to go here for some inspiration for my front flower patch. I was tempted to post of picture of it as a comparison but it's too embarrassing. I blame the soil. And I'm hiring Kellee next year to teach me.













Did I mention it was quite the workout too. But with so many beautiful things to look at it was a pleasure, especially since when I got there it was 75 degrees out, lovely day!
*Thanks Lori for giving me the idea to go from your post.

11 comments:

rmt said...

My son and I love "The Point"(as Hannah's Mya would put it.) We have had a pass for the last two years, and honestly it was one of the best purchases I have ever made! Plus, with you pass, anyone who comes as your guest gets half off the admission price. Bonus!

Have you tried the Children's Gardens? It's really fun, too.

Rainey said...

Did you get to the secret garden. If you go imagine my boys in the big fountain using their hands to direct the spray of the water to hit each other. Then picture the grounds keeper kicking us out. Yea, not one of my shining moments. Yet one of the ones that makes me smile none the less. Good times!!

jen said...

Thx for the idea. I'll have to check that out sometime.

Amy said...

We are huge fans of Thanksgiving Point. Since we live so close we go there all of the time. I actually went to the gardens more this summer than I ever have before--and loved every second. My favorite day was the Plein Air art festival. Artists were set up all over the gardens painting. James Christensen was there (which you may not find too exciting) with his two daughters (which I found tremendously exciting). But we especially love the Dinosaur Museum, which, if you get a pass next year, will probably be Ike's favorite as well. He's probably a little too small to enjoy it that much this year.

Shari said...

It's really beautiful there, but I just hate paying the regular price to get in. Oh and your looking hot in that first picture.

Riding said...

I was going to invite you to go there! I figured it would be a good meeting spot. I think it might be too late to go the kids play area and have fun in the water though.

Anonymous said...

That is a great shot of you.

I haven't been to the gardens in years and need to go sometime. If you get a pass and then between Rachelle and Amy I am sure I can go and get the friend discount- ha! Hell, I should just break down and look into getting one next spring. Glad you got out and the weather was nice.

Diana said...

beautiful pictures.

camille said...

It's so beautiful in there. We live pretty close to it and never take advantage of it. Mabye I'll take Brylie there one of these days. Thanks for the "out of the house" idea!

Chowza said...

Great pictures, and cute hair! :)

Cate said...

So, that's what it looks like in the summer - sometime we'll have to go and check out something besides the dinosaurs!