This has got to be the best picture from the day. Bye bye Bush.
It's been a great day watching the inauguration. Obama's speech was amazing. I had to wonder what Bush was thinking listening to it.
I just talked to Ryan and he brought me down a little from my optimistic high. It's too bad that there are still ignorant people in this country and especially this state. Ryan's been hearing a lot of comments at work today. When are people going to understand that the color of ones skin does not determine their worth. I won't let that get me down though.
Also thanks for every ones concern, I'm feeling better the last couple of days. I feel like I've been complaining a lot but I think that's just cause my complaints are public.
Tonight I get to go to Book Club. It's the highlight of my month and we are talking about one of my all time favorite books. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foers. I can't wait to hear what the girls have to say about it. I also can't wait to see what all the girls have made, last time I wasn't feeling so good and didn't eat much. I'll make up for it this time.

15 comments:
I love this image! Where did you find it?
That image is awesome! So very cool.
I am excited for tonight as well- I need to get out! I am making fruity pebble/rice krispi treats. So very adult, I know. But I crave them!
A happy day indeed.
I hope you have a lovely time at your bookclub party this evening.
I sent you a special something so keep an eye on your mail box.
love and hugs
Um....the Backstreet Boys didn't sing Bye Bye Bye--nsync did. (Just to be helpful.....)
I watched the TV today and the swearing in of a new president. I want you to know we don't judge a person by their color but their beliefs. Hope you are still as thrilled in a year. We are certainly praying for his success. I honor and respect all of our presidents.
I'm missing all your posts. You just don't post enough anymore. Pick it up over there. :)
I found the picture on NPR.org
Confusing Backstreet boys and N'Sync is a mistake I'm not embarassed to make, but thanks for the correction.
did you like how i made sugar snap peas from costco? ha! it was good to see you - you looked great! all glowy and stuff :)
and p.s. anon - all boy bands are the same
I'm just going to fly high on your optimism!! All politicians scare me, I can't help it. If he even keeps a faction of his promises I'll be happy. I like the new political Marj!! Way to get passionate!
hey- it's been a long time since I've checked in- and look you're all knocked up! I totally agree about yesterday being a great day so glad that I didn't have to be around any party poopers.
I found myself watching the entire inauguration. Obama's speech was amazing! I wanted to look back at past presidents and see what they had to say (I'm not sure I cared about any before). Lets hope change really does happen. About the color of his skin, I think everyone should embrace Obama as a true American (1/2 black and 1/2 white raised by his white grandparents.) Most Americans are a mix of several nationalities. Instead of saying he is the first African American pres. we should believe anyone from any background can become pres. because he is a blend of us all. Sadly, I think many voted for him only because of his color and were ignorant of what he believes. Lets hope we picked the right man for the job! Whew. . . I didn't mean to say so much!
Layout looks good.
Did you see the website to Obamicon yourself?
http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/
anon. comment=annoyingly funny.
Excited for tonight!
Marjorie,
I love the Emily Martin, Black Apple background. It's cute just like you and Ryan. I have it up in our house too. Cute. Cute. Cute.
hugs,
kat
It makes me sad that Ryan heard people talking about race in that way. I thought we were past that, but apparently not.
Book club was a lot of fun. I loved the discussion this time. I feel like we have such a great group- we can laugh and have fun but actually discuss issues as well.
Post a Comment