Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm on the hunt

I've been to Target, Old Navy, Nordstroms, The Gap, Banana, Forever 21 all the teeny bop stores in between, TJ Maxx and Ross, and nobody has any cute Sun dresses, or what I guess they are called now, 'the Maxi Dress', although anything with the word Maxi in it instantly gets the word Pad put after it in my head.
Has anyone seen one?
They don't have to be white, I just want something casual but that doesn't look like a hippy. I'm not really sure why the hippy look is in right now but I can do without it. According to one blog 'The Maxi Dress is all the rage this summer' ok so maybe that was last year, but still, wouldn't you think stores would carry them. Yeah I know Old Navy does have some but they aren't super cute and I have a hard time paying full price there because the quality is so cheap, but I might break down and get one from there anyways if I can't find them anywhere else.
Help a pregnant lady out, all I want to wear this summer are these dresses and no shoes, bring on the cliche!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you! I want this to be my summer wardrobe as well and so far haven't seen much I like!!!

Amy said...

try an unlikely source - jcpenney.com, search maxi dress and there are some options for good prices.

Aston said...

Don't get Ryan that shirt yet... there's a surprise coming.

Shari said...

I don't really know your style or your price so here are a few

http://shop.pacsun.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=7974&parentCategoryId=277&categoryId=319&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Product-_-NA-_-NA&CAWELAID=317210303


http://www.surffanatics.com/cat/pro/248342/src/surf_froogle_CA?CAWELAID=322203806

http://www.bluefly.com/Sweet-Pea-black-floral-mesh-ring-halter-maxi-dress/cat620058/214099000/detail.fly?referer=ca_froogle&cm_mmc=ca_froogle-_-na-_-womens_dresses_day-_-214099000&CAWELAID=221952344

http://www.beallsflorida.com/r/Oneworld_Loose_Sleeveless_Polyester_Spandex_Misses_Apparel/product?styleid=142675&cm_mmc=CI-_-CSE-_-CSE-_-CSE&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=82044070
http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=7~72~&storeid=0&ProductDisplayID=9047&dept=Venus+Clothing-Dresses&prod=maxi+halter+dress

http://apocalypsevintage.com/node/205

rmt said...

The "MAXI" dress? Ew, I don't like that wording!
Good luck with that.

Melissa and Brandon said...

I would try Target again!! They are getting summer stuff down here already! Good luck its a cute style! I love them too but I need one with sleeves... :(

Riding said...

Maybe you have looked at American Eagle already, but I swear I received an email a few weeks ago showcasing these types of dresses.
Also, imagine wearing a maxi pad with that white maxi dress. Scary.

Kelly said...

i loved maxi dresses last summer and had a wicked hard time finding one. eventually i got three - two at forever21.com and one at tj maxx.

jen said...

curious...did ya find what you were looking for? do you like twitter? i just signed up. i can see me liking it.

Robyn said...

You would look so cute in that with your adorable baby bump and sexy new hair! Good luck in your search! Sorry I got no tips for you.

Mika said...

It's nice to know that people can grab copy and paste pictures that I have created. Next time pls ask permission.

thirty something mom
http://30somethingmom.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/trend-alert-white-maxi-dress/