
No they aren't chicken pox thank goodness. I took him to the doctor yesterday and he was undecided between allergies to strawberries or a viral infection. Either way he told me to give him some benadryl and hope they don't get worse. They seem to have cleared up quite a bit thank goodness with the added bonus of benadryl helping him sleep.
Friday night he started running a fever but Saturday he was acting ok with a little runny nose and cough. Saturday night on he slept with me in bed and Ryan was nice enough to sleep in Ike's uncomfortable bed. Sunday was the worse (Warning TMI to follow). He was pretty miserable all day, I gave him a bath and he took a big ol' dump in the tub, yuck. Then later in the evening he got upset so I picked him up and he puked all over me. I'm not talking the normal baby spit up, he's advanced to the full blown spew. It soaked me from head to toe literally. Ryan was freaking out, he's asked how I could just hold him and let him puke on me, but what was I suppose to do. Then Sunday night we started to notice a rash start on his leg. Thinking it was just a fever rash we didn't worry to much about it until Tuesday night giving him a bath it was looking pretty bad so we called Ryan's mom to come look at it and she said we better bring him in.
Today it's finally clearing up and he's not as snotty and not coughing as much but he still has a cute little raspy voice. Having a sick kid is the worst thing ever. I don't know what I'm going to do with 2 sick kids, cause I'm guessing if one gets it the other will too. I need spring to get here now so we can all quit being sick, I've had enough already.
7 comments:
the joys of two, they pass it back and forth.Every time Lexi has gotten sick this winter Andrew always seems to follow. It hasn't been too bad having two. You get used to it.
But when they are both sick, you just give them both the Benedryl and they both sleep, giving you time to clean up the body fluids that were purged while they were awake. It all balances out :P
I'm not sure why I kept reading after the TMI part, but now I regret that I did. Anyways, glad your boy is starting to feel better. Tell Ryan Mom's have a gene that helps them tolerate puke, but men have to develop the skill - not sure if I'm there yet.
So sorry Ike had to be sick. I remember the days of chicken pox, colds and all the other illnesses. I always worried a lot when you kids were sick. As you know I had a few more little ones. It was fun having all the little ones and now fun having all the grandkids. It's Micah's birthday today and Avaries tomorrow. Then the 21,22,&23 is Kelsey, Bradlee and Dad's. Hope you all keep well. Will try to call you. Love, Mom
Oh! poor Ike! Geez, I knew he had a rash, but that is really scary. I hope he is in tip-top shape for his themed b-day party!
Poor little Ike. And poor you--poop in the tub and then being puked on too? Yikes!
I wouldn't know about having two...good luck with that...
Glad to hear he's on the mend.
No pooping in the tub should be a Yo Gabba Gabba segment.
Isaac had a rash,too. Last month, he got a few spots on his chest and back, but that was it. Our insurance did not kick in until this month(of course) I assumed it was chicken pox and followed the incubation period of 10 days, just in case. I was not too worried, because he did not have a fever at all and there was no itchiness.
As far as having both kids sick at the same time, somehow you manage. The worst is when they get you sick at the same time.
It's a good thing to know that you will probably never poop in the tub, but if you do, I doubt someone else would clean it up for you!
It really goes to show how amazing we are, us Moms.
Post a Comment