Saturday, May 2, 2009

I want...

This Crib they have at Target. It's the least expensive convertible crib I've found that is also good looking. Does anyone really convert them after they are done being cribs? We still have the crib Ike used but it's not in the best shape although it's usable. Ryan decided he wanted to get the boys matching crib and bed so I've been on the hunt. I need to find a twin bed for Ike soon because I'm in and out of his bed several times a night and his mattress is just on the floor now which is getting harder to get up off of. So far I think the least expensive twin beds I've found are at Knights Furniture. If anyone knows any secret furniture stores I need to check out let me know.
I also want This stroller that Jemma and I saw at the Tulip Festival yesterday. I even told the mom pushing it around that we had stroller envy. Here's the thing though, do you think I need a double stroller. Ike and new baby will be 2 years apart. How long do kids stay in strollers, I guess to some extent till they are 4. I just hate the thought of maneuvering a double stroller around, but that's why I like this one cause the front wheel is tucked in and it didn't seem that wide. My other reasoning for wanting it is because I'm going to have to exercise after the baby and I won't be able to take the boys on walks without a double.
Oh and feel free to send donations to me C/O "Get Marj what she wants fund".

6 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Have you looked at the strollers with the little "jump seat" on the back? It's not as comfy as the regular seat, but it's a little place to sit when their legs get tired.

Bridget said...

I always LOVED my double joggers- they are totally necessary, but not so great for shopping- so never shop with two or have an alternative. I hated getting stuck between the racks of clothes and only took my jogger to the mall once! Ikea has some convertible cribs too... Fun times ahead!

rmt said...

Yes, I definitely think you need a double stroller! You'll be so thankful you can just put both of your kids in there and cruise around, and I've heard they're not that bad to push after you get used to it. I don't know why I think I know so much about this...it's not like I've experienced it first hand! But still, that's what I think.

I don't know how you feel about this, but have you tried KSL or Craig's list? You might be able to find some sweet deals on there to get what you want!

Shari said...

I bought one and never really used it. I sold it. IT was a big pain in the butt to put in the back of the car and it was so wide to my pushing around. Do they make a jogger that has them front and back. That might be good.

Riding said...

Phil and Teds make a tandem seater. You would have to take out a small loan, though.
I totally find a pressie that MATCHES that jogger. I am buying it. If you NEVER buy the jogger, you will not care. The pressie is that amazing.

My comment on your Anniversary post was gobbled up, so to summarize:
Happy Anniversary!

Fun times at the McF home said...

I've heard that the double joggers are great for running, but horrible to get in and out of a car. In fact, my neighbor can never get hers in her car at all. You might want to consider the sit/stand double, which is a popular one with my friends. Until he really starts to protest the stroller ( a horrible day in my mind) Ike can sit, but when he wants to be a little more independent, you can remove the second seat and he can stand. If I could do it over again, that is what I would do...happy anniversary by the way!