Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's not so bad

Ok, so I thought it was going to be alot worse. I met with a dietitian yesterday and found out what all I have to do in regards to having gestational diabetes. Guess what, I HAVE to eat carbs, woo hoo. Although that doesn't mean I get to eat all the cupcakes I want unfortunately. I have to write down everything I eat and check my blood sugar 4 times a day. Doesn't sound too bad right. Yeah well that's how I felt this morning.
At the moment I'm a little frustrated but I'll get over it. My blood sugar was still pretty high after lunch when I didn't even have any sugar, but I'm thinking it's because I took a nap right after eating. Also my fingers are starting to hurt from all this pin pricking I have to do. Then I tried to pick up a prescription for the test strips for the machine they gave me, turns out you can only get them through mail order and even then I'm not allowed to order them. So why the H*** did they give me that machine. I can get another machine for free covered by my insurance but I'm sure they will charge me for the first one still. I got a rogahm shot a week ago and sat in a room for 10 mins tops, on the couch mind you, and just got a bill for 77 buck for a 'room stay'. Seriously ridiculous. I've been listening to too much news about health care reform so every little thing irritates me now. So sorry for the rant. If I would have written this post this morning it would have had a much more upbeat tone.
Here's to tomorrow morning and lunch with Kellee Kellee!

2 comments:

Jenna Holm said...

Just checking up on your blog... what a bummer about the diabetes, but like all things in life, it will get better. Hope you're having a fantastic start to your summer! Come on over and enter my giveaway! Cheers,

Jenna

Anonymous said...

Healthcare makes me grit my teeth and clench my fists. I remember looking at my statements line by line when I was having tons of tests done and seeing that the cup that I peed in for one test was a whopping $89 (and it was a disposable dixie-like cup!) Anyway- rant away, I get it.

Sorry you have this hurdle to deal with, I hope you find your groove soon so you can somewhat enjoy these last months!