Ike turned 2 yesterday! I really can't believe how fast it's gone. He did eat his cake alot cleaner this year. We had a fun party at Grandma W's house. I threw a Wow Wow Wubbzy Garden Party. I have to show off a little of what I put together for it.
This was the cake I made. I came up with the idea a few months ago and it actually turned out about how I planned. I used edible (but not tasty) grass that they sold at easter. I actually got alot of the stuff I used for the party from the Easter clearance sales. Oreo's for the dirt of coarse and some wild flowers from my front yard. Then wubbzy doing cartwheels around the top. The actual cake was pretty tasty too, I had to have a little piece even though I'm not suppose to.
I made a fun fruit bouquet. It turned out pretty cute but it was a pain to transport over, it was really top heavy and I had to try and hold it the whole way over. Needless to say my hand and arm were covered in berry juice by the time I got there.
I made a Wuzzleberry Salad that was a big hit. Spinach, Feta, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries and toasted Pecans.
I attempted to make this yummy corn salad that a girl in my book club made last month. I think it turned out pretty good. Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Corn, Chicken, EVOO, Fresh Thyme and a little salt pepper and garlic to taste. Serve chilled.
I asked everyone to wear a Kooky Hat. The Aunts showed up with the best ones! Aren't they adorable. I'll probably get in trouble for posting it but I think they look cute.
Ike got lots of fun presents that he opened with his dad. I still can't believe I have a 2 year old but he had a fun party and I'm glad it's over. Now I can start planning next years, jk.
7 comments:
That cake and the fruit bouquet are absolutley gorgeous. You are so talented.
Happy Birthday to little Ike.
how fun. colorful, creative. every shade of YUMMY. happy birthday to ike!
hugs
Happy Happy Birthday Ike.
Marjorie,
You are a rock star.
love and hugs,
Kat
i'm in awe of your party skills.
Wow, looks like a great party. You are so talented. Oh and happy birthday to Ike. Brace yourself for this age.
I love the idea to put prizes like toys in the pinata! Everything turned out great!
I really love the animal hats! Parties are so much better when the people you love will humor you, and have fun with it.
Wow, I love all of the fun food you had. It all looks delicious! The fruit bouquet is gorgeous and the garden cake is amazing. I bet Ike loved it all. The aunts are so cute with their kooky hats. You did a great job on Ike's 2nd bday!! Happy Birthday little dude. I love his shirt, by the way.
Post a Comment