Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So the countdown begins...

This was Ike on the day we brought him home from the hospital.

Ike at the hospital
T minus 30 days. Here we go.
I'm excited and nervous for this little guy to get here. I'm definitely done being pregnant though. I won't go into all my complaints because if you've been through it you know. It's all worth it though, right?
I had a doctors appointment today and he told me to come home and tell my husband that 'I'm perfect'. He said I'm right on schedule with everything. TMI warning... I'm 50% effaced and 1/2 cent. dilated. Which he expected me be at so that's good.
We're trying to get Ike use to the idea but I'm not sure he's grasped it yet. With Ike we were worried how the dog would react, which we were pleasantly surprised about. So hopefully that will be the same with Ike. He's a sweet boy and I can't imagine him changing too much.
I'm due July 21st and will be delivering at Timpanogos Hospital in Orem. I'll update you all before then. Ryan's little brother is getting married July 3rd and his sister is leaving for Australia on the 22nd so I'm shooting for sometime in between then.
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kitty said...

I really hope he is born on my birthday (July 13th). I think that would be just perfect.

I can't wait to see your photo's and I too Wish I could be there to help you look super HOT and most of all fuss over you. I love being fussed over so I figure you should too. Especially since you have had to give up yummy goodies while being pregnant. Not Cool.

love you,
Kat

Amy said...

midgey - good luck with the final countdown!

jen said...

Congrats on being perfect. You are certainly at the miserable part. Go ahead and complain. Sometimes it just feels good. Good luck with your last month!

Robyn said...

Hope it goes quickly! Can't wait to meet the little guy.