Don't worry I already patted myself on the back. This morning I was watching the Oprah from Thursday that gave family's challenges to go without the TV or Computer, no eating out, no paper products etc. Basically challenging people to waste less. As I was watching I was on my laptop looking at blogs. I went to my friend
Jen's blog where she did a post about putting herself to the test of using her computer and TV less. I started feeling guilty for sitting there wasting time so I turned the TV off, went outside and decided to start weeding the little area in front of my house.

I neglected to take a before picture but I took this one yesterday of my cute house and you can kind of see how bad it was. Yeah that was a weed not a plant you can see.

After weeding I went to Lowes and Walmart and got some plants to put in. I used alot of wild flower seeds as well so hopefully they grow. I also replanted the 4 hanging pots on my front porch and two planters I have in my kitchen. I love having days like this although they make me feel really lazy when I don't get anything done. It did help that I just picked up a couple Pink garden tools from Targets dollar section. They actually worked really good.
5 comments:
Wow! Good for you! That looks great too! :-)
Looks great. Is it pathetic to admit that I miss weeding. I miss my yard/garden in Memphis. When my gardener comes I just look longingly out the window (he comes with the rent).
You're garden looks lovely. I love your house. Go Worker girl. Pat Pat Pat on the back. You Rock.
I'm still stickin' with the NO tv. I've cheated a bit on the computer but at least I'm trying. Your yard looks great! It's amazing what we can accomplish when we turn off the tv. Have a good night! Oh yes- I was on my moms computer and my blog title looks too big on her screen. Weird. I might have to change it or figure out how to get it to fit right. It fits right on my screen.
I love doing yard work. Your house is mega cute- inside and out and it will be cool to see the flower bed growing this summer. Great job!
Post a Comment