I talked to my sister Rainey today and she mentioned something she heard that sounded like a pretty good idea to me.Are you sick of rising gas prices. That's a rhetorical question. Ok then stop buying gas at the 4 major gas stations. Here's the basic economic idea behind this. The 4 major Gas companies Texaco, Chevron, Mobile, and Shell are the market leaders, therefore they set the price. If people stop purchasing gas from these companies they will be forced to lower their prices, simple supply and demand. Instead support your local gas companies who follow the leaders. If the major companies lower their prices all the little guys will follow. There is no reason gas companies should be reporting record high gains when we are spending a growing percentage of our income on gas.
Makes sense to me, and if you notice prices are usually a little lower at the local companies anyways.
2 comments:
I like this.
I must tell you that my dear Step-Dad CJ recently bought a book teaching how to turn water into gas. I think you have the better plan. But we'll have to wait and see. He's building some gas/water thingy for his car. INTERESTING.
HUGS,
Kat
While I like the theory of this- it seems that it would take a TON of people to do it to even make a dent. I will do my part- I wonder who Costco uses...
Post a Comment