He saw his shadow, so Phil says we have 6 more weeks of winter. Although apparently he is right only 37% of the time so really there is a better chance that spring will be early this year. What an odd little tradition this country came up with. I like Anne's family tradition the best. They get presents for groundhogs day which ends up being something that her mom had bought the family for Christmas and forgot about or else something her mom had been wanting to get, like a dining room set, and uses groundhogs day as a good excuse to get it. Hope you get something nice for groundhogs day Anne!Next to Arbor day this is one of my favorite holidays, so I hope everyone has a...
Happy Groundhogs Day!
9 comments:
totally forgot about Groundhogs Day. I'm glad you posted about it :)
I am getting do it yourself luggage this year http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/patterns_display.php?id=22
~wish me luck
I don't know if I can stand 6 more weeks of winter if all we get is 80 degree days! Its crazy.
I love the idea of using Grounghogs Day for an excuse. I wish I'd seen that earlier.
arbor day? nice . . .
Yeah, I totally spaced it. Better get my Arbor day festivities set in stone now though so I don't let it pass me by.
Anne- I think you are onto something with this whole present thing. LOVE the luggage idea.
I live Groundhogs Day.
Wake up- they say were young and we don't know- slam the alarm.
Here we go again.
Also, I totally missed this holiday. Which is crazy, because I could tell you when it is national puzzle and National Kazoo day.
I didn't even realize it was Groundhogs Day until Daniel came home from preschool talking all about it!
I really like the idea of using Groundhogs Day as an excuse to give gifts! I'll have to remember that for next year.
It's really weird but I love that movie. I saw it like 4 times in the theatre, not on purpose, but with friends and I grew to love it so much. I should get it on DVD. It's sad to admit, I know.
Post a Comment