Sometimes I wish I was still naive and uninformed because then things like this wouldn't make me so upset. This whole health care reform has had me intrigued for a while now. I get so frustrated when I hear the arguments against it because I know that it's all the lobbyist manipulating the politicians.
Well Bill Moyers show this week was incredibly insightful. His guest Wendell Potter who was the former head of corporate communications at Cigna talks to Bill Moyer and shares some insider secrets. In this interview he tells what is really going on in the insurance companies. I highly recommend you watch THIS.
Ryan and I were talking about it the other day and think (and wish) that Health Care reform should be something that we vote on and not something the politicians are left to decide for us.
The funny thing is, yesterday I was listening to Radio West with Jon Ronson as a guest talking about his book Them. It's about his experience hanging out with conspiracy theorists and terrorists. It intrigued me so I was watching some stuff last night about the Bilderberg Group and some other conspiracy. So today I go to watch the Bill Moyers Journal that I had recorded last night and guess what, all black. It recorded solid black for the full hour. Spooky, jk. I was irritated though so I watched in online.
This video is not short but it's the most informative discussion I've heard so far about health care so I really hope you will watch it. So much of politics today are based on scare tactics. If we are informed then we can't be scared by irrational claims. Might be more pissed off about what's going on but at least we won't be scared.
2 comments:
Marjorie,
I'm so glad you passed this on. I am and continue to be infuriated by health insurance companies. Both as a receiver and a provider. I really believe there is a special place in hell for the executives of insurance companies and I admire that this ex - executive has the courage to stand up to all this. If you or anyone else has suggestions about what we could do I would greatly appreciate it.
JM
I have tried to sit down twice to watch the video and have had a lot of loving distractions.
I will say this now, and then add to it later:
We pay $500 a month for health insurance. That only covers 80%. That is not affordable. We go to the hospital and to doctor visits pretty much close to NEVER. BUT, we pay it, because 'what if'. Then, if the 'what if' comes to be, it scares me to think of how we would find the means to financially manage the worst case scenario.
Enjoy your Crab and Lobster Dinners on your gold-plated plates, Executive Bottom Feeders.
Post a Comment