R.I.P J.D. Salinger
Image by MeganI love J.D. Salinger. Not just Catcher in the Rye which is a great novel but even more I loved Franny and Zooey and a lot of his short stories especially "A perfect day for bannafish". I got really into him in my 20's and felt like he was really talking to me. He's one of those authors who you either get it or you don't. My girlfriends and I use to use him as a litmus test to see if guys were cool or not. It's a shame Sarah and I never went on that road trip to go find him. My only hope is that now some of his unpublished work will be released. I can hope can't I.
R.I.P Howard Zinn
Another great author and man. He was recently on Bill Moyers Journal talking about his new program called The People Speak on The History channel. Both of which are recorded on my DVR right now. Ryan's been reading A People's History of the United States. I hate to say but I always get annoyed when he's reading it because he's usually up really late reading because he can't put it down. I need to read/listen to it too.If you know these two men I'm sure you share my sadness at their passing. If you don't know who they are, it's not to late to find out about them and read their work and fall in love with them like I did.
2 comments:
Sad. They don't make them like they used to. I can't believe Salinger was 91.
I love that F&Z image. I need to figure out if I can buy it. It's so weird to think he's gone.
Post a Comment