Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bumbed I missed this

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Jonathan Safran Foer
http://www.colbertnation.com/
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorEconomy

Ryan came in last night and said, 'Did you see Jonathan Safran Foer on Colbert Report?'

Ah, no, I missed it, so here it is for all of you who missed it too.

2 comments:

Mocktalk said...

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. I look forward to reading the book.

Riding said...

As always, Colbert makes the subject highly entertaining.

The way I see it, and other research shows, there is a difference between eating factory farmed meats vs. natural, locally, and/or organic meats/food.

We eat Paleolithic(eat things that grow, and things that eat things that grow) for the majority of our meals. You could look into it, and I could share more than a few dozen recipes/meal plans with you, if you'd like.

If you still enjoy good meat, you could always consider a flexitarian lifestyle. Still eating meat, just not as much. I will say Paleo seems to be too much meat for myself. But, for Carter, who is functioning so well in every aspect, it works for him. I do not exercise everyday, like him, so food affects me differently. He uses 33 out of 35 meals for fuel, not storage.

This is long, but I have so much to say about the subject.

I know that if you are interested in eating local food, Bell Organic offers a pickup @ Pizzeria 712. I am not sure what the state standards are for Organic, so you would have to look into that, because the last I heard, the regulations were not set to the highest.

I also have the book Omnivore's Dilemma, if you want to borrow it.

Been out of touch, because I have been packing for our move to Farmington. Hopefully see you soon, maybe in a few weeks?