My biggest fear when I started my job with a construction company 3 1/2 years ago was that my grammar would be shot and that I would get the 'southern utah' accent. Well I think I maintained pretty good. I usually don't ignore the G in words that end in ING. But I've noticed the word that I've abused the most is Probably, it's become probly and when I'm saying it even proly, which is so bad. I'm really going to start working on that.
Also I fear my vocabulary has been hurt'n. It's hard when you use big words and everyone around you looks at you like 'what did you just call me'. Not that the people I work with aren't intelligent, but I was asked recently how to spell 'sat'.
1 comment:
Probly is a total Utah thing that I swore I wouldn't say and I do all the time. It was inevitable. At least you could answer them when they asked how to spell 'sat'. That would have been embarrassing. I have to admit though that spell check has ruined me on a few words...
Post a Comment