Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ryan wants a goat

He's mentioned getting one before but I don't think I'm ready for a goat. Then we got a magazine thing in the mail from Heifer International about buying animals for children and communities in impoverished countries. A Goat is only 120.00 bucks. You can even buy chicks for 20 bucks. Know a single guy, buy him some chicks for Christmas.
On my way to blockbuster today there were two goats in the road, one was a little goat, um I played that game at a baby shower but I don't know what baby goats are called. Maybe it was a sign. So I guess we are getting a goat for Christmas, but this way I don't have to take care of it.
I was going to post a video that they have on the site about how they help HIV orphans in Africa but I can't bring myself to watch it right now because it will make me cry and Ryan is sitting right here, so I'll watch it later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a really cool thing to do. I assume they use the milk and whatnot, otherwise that would be an expensive dinner. I only kid...

Oh, and a baby goat is called a Kid ;)

Sarah Bellum said...

I got that same mailer, which I thought was odd.