Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What's your AQ

I've been fascinated with Autism lately, I'm not sure why. Having a baby boy has made me more concerned about it since for whatever reason it affects men more than women. There are a lot of different theories out there about what causes it but I'm being very cautious with immunizing Ike. He won't be getting his first shot till he's six months old and then only one per month. Why risk it.
This morning Tiffany that I work with sent me an interesting link about finding out how Autistic you are. Go HERE to take the test, and HERE to read the article about it. I thought I would score higher than I did, I only got a 10 on it. I had never thought of Autism in terms of adults having it. Supposedly we are all autistic to varying degrees, who knew?

3 comments:

Diana said...

I scored a 7. I think though I may have been a little bias in my answers.
I worked with autistic preschoolers for a few years so when my kids were babies I was very worried about it I understand how you feel. I'm luckily past that stage.

Cindy Bean said...

I'm a 15! I'm average! I thought I would be more autistic.

Anonymous said...

I'm a 5- that's good then? I didn't know autism was more present in boys than girls. Really, I don't know a whole lot about it. I think it is cool you are being proactive and taking the steps to minimize Ike's chances of getting it.

So with the one shot a month- does that mean you will have to go in like every month to stay caught up?