Tuesday, November 20, 2007

SPT - Me and my shadow

This weeks SPT (self portrait tuesday) was about getting away and thinking about what you are thankful for "give thanks for all that you have been given, all that you have given in this past year.." Then taking a picture of our shadow during that time.

Well getting away by myself now a days includes Ike, so he is part of my shadow now. I am very thankful for that. The thing I've given this year that I'm most thankful for is giving birth to my cutest baby boy. I'm thankful for my husband who I'm more in love with every day. I'm thankful for my house, that is cozy and warm, and cute, I have to say. I'm thankful for Oskar, even though he annoys me most of the time. I'm thankful for my family even though they live all over the place. Last but not least I'm thankful for Ryan's family who I've become closer to this year and who I know is always there for me.

Jen has been reporting on what she is thankful for in every post this month, it's fun to read and reminds me what I'm thankful for. I have to say I am thankful for blogs this year, I've enjoyed doing it and I've enjoyed keep up with friends and making new friends.

6 comments:

jen said...

Now that the mouse post isn't the first thing I see, you should put it back up for others to see because it was pretty crazy! It's good for me to see that someone can actually get that close to a mouse, maybe I'll be able to overcome my fear and do that one day. Last night Jason got so mad at me because I woke him up telling him that I thought I could hear a weird noise downstairs like a mouse drinking water & I needed him to check it out. It was just the fridge, but in my crazy fear of mice mind, I honestly thought we had mice drinking water like a dog drinks out of a bowl. Duh, like I'd be able to hear it. I'm happy to be mentioned on your post:). I'm also thankful for blogs. I look at them while I nurse. This is my longest comment ever. I wonder how long a comment could be. Let's see...................................................................................................................................................................................... O.K I guess you can just keep going and going. Have a good night!......................................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jen said...

O.K so it didn't post the entire comment. Weird. I guess you can keep typing but once I published it, it changed. Hmmmm. I need to go to bed.

Unknown said...

what a great shadow shot!!

happy thanksgiving to you and your family!

Diana said...

I love this post. My family is all spread out too it makes it hard but it is nice to have Lou's parents finally live close so the kids have grandparents close enough to visit.
That's a great idea for Jen to post something she's grateful for everyday.
wow!

Anonymous said...

Very good SPT. I am so behind- the last two weeks actually! I am so glad you are doing it!

Brittany said...

How do we join the SPT thing? Is it a special club, do I have to do an initiation?