1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Gave Birth, quite the new experience and not as bad as I thought it would be.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year. This year I have and will hopefully keep them. #1 eating healthy!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Besides myself, 4 girls from work. It seemed like everywhere I went last year all I saw was pregnant women.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, sadly.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Ogden count?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Creative inspiration. I didn't lack for much else.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
6/7/07 The day Ike came into our lives.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year?
Giving birth kind of over shadows everything else. I learned how to do sudoku, but somehow that just doesn't manage to compare to pushing a human being out of my body.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting rid of my baby weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a LEEP procedure which was suppose to be a quick in and out surgery and have an IUD placed at the same time. Well the IUD got pushed through my uterus so all kinds of complications ensued. Good times, but I'm fine.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
We leased a Subaru Outback for Ike, which is pretty sweet. I bought an Adidas black and white track suit for Ike which I think is pretty sweet too.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ryan Graduated from School and I'm so proud of him. I celebrate Ike's behavior almost every day which is apparent if you look at his blog.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I was depressed by someones behavior and I handled it poorly but hopefully it's getting better.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Medical Bills and Groceries. My income is about a 1/3 of what it use to be so I pay my student loan then after gas, diapers, formula, and groceries, I pilfer the clearance section at Target for a little treat now and then.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I'd say the birth of Ike warrants 3 really's.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
The National "Great Empire"
Ryan played this album when I was in labor with Ike so listening to it reminds me of that.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
a)Happier, Ryan and Ike make me the happiest girl ever.
b)fatter, I have Ike to thank for that one too.
c)poorer, Thanks to Ike again, I have less money but I'm richer in a lot of ways that are much more important in life.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Walked and exercised in general. Read more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Ryan's answer for me would be watch less TV, but that's not mine. I wish I would have nagged Ryan less. I don't do it much but I've started doing it more lately. I blame my hormones and hopefully they will get back to normal soon.
20. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes with Ike. I fall more in love with Ryan every day.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Flight of the Conchords and It's always sunny in Philadelphia.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I didn't like Celine Dion last year either.
23. What was the best book you read?
I didn't get as much reading done this year as I wanted to but I did join a book club so I'll be reading more for sure this year. The History of Love I would have to say was my favorite, I'm trying to get Ryan to read it but the title is putting him off.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ryan discovers the music and I steal it from him. The National, Albert Hammond Jr., Band of Horses (although we listened to them before). I'm sure there are more.
25. What did you want and get?
A healthy happy baby, and Nintendo DS
26. What did you want and not get?
Tivo
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
There are 2 movies that I know will be my favorite but I haven't seen them yet. Darjeeling Limited and Juno. I can't remember the last movie I saw in a theater.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
That's rude, jk. I turned 32 and I honestly can't remember what I did.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Tivo. Just kidding. I had a wonderful year so I can't complain.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Uninspired. I've lost my mojo when it comes to fashion. Ryan is now the stylish one in the family. However for 2008 I predict Cape's will be the new trend.
31. What kept you sane?
Ryan, and his family.
And Blogging. Thank you everyone who reads this and especially those who comment. I hope I can continue to entertain you in the new year.
Thanks Lucy
9 comments:
Intersting stuff. I think blogging has also kept me sane! I'm not sure why?? It's a nice escape from a crazy day I guess.
It was very interesting to read. I love reading blogs it's really nice to get to know people on such a personal level.
I really enjoy blogging I need to get back to doing it ever day.
JUNO was hilarious! That and Dan in Real Life would be my top two for the year. GO SEE JUNO- I want to know what you think!
Hannah, was that an offer to babysit while I go to the movies!
I love your list! I've been meaning to tell you that I ran into Matt Odem from the old days- I'm pretty sure you knew him because he told me he had a crush on you back then. Well he actually was directed to my blog via Dianna! I had forgotten all about Dianna- do you remember her? I hear you on the whole baby weight issue. I refuse to have more than three children because of it. I had to do weight watchers two times and work like mad to loose the weight- it took a year the first time and this last time over a year. I also want to go see Juno! Happy New Year!
Marj, this was such a sweet and candid posting. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure once Ike gets up and running, you'll be losing calories chasing after him. Also: 1) I'm glad you got into Sudoku (perhaps I should get a DS so I don't have to lug around my Sudoku book), 2) I'm glad you don't like Celine Dion.
I could babysit, let's talk :)
If you are still interested in learning how to bind a book, my friend Amy H is teaching a different class on the 16th of Feb if you are interested. Her link is on my sidebar and just comment if you want her to save you a spot etc. I hope you want to come!
Don't be too sad about the Tivo, we finally cancelled ours after 2 years of problems. Ike is a lot more fun to watch anyway.
I love, love, love your title to this post. Isn't that how it is? Life changes so much after reproduction. I'm glad Ike has been such a profound blessing.
Post a Comment