Tuesday, January 15, 2008

SPT-Closer Look

Is there a part of you, a part of your home, a part of your creativity that gets more attention from you than anything else? when you look at your reflection, do you automatically zoom in on a feature you love or you loathe? when you are in your creative space, is there one project that gets your attention before all the others? That was this weeks assignment.
For me it's always been my EYES. Both for appearance and creativity. They are about the only thing that gets attention as far as my makeup application goes. I'm often asked if my eyes are orange, they look it in certain light. I've always thought of them as one of my best features. As far as my creativity goes I've always been a very visual person. I was never good at drawing or very technical with my hands but I've always been able to see the beauty in things or how to best make them beautiful. I think they have served me pretty well.

When I was looking at this picture close up my critical eye started to notice the unkempt brow, the wrinkles, the day worn make-up. Even though the signs of age are starting to show there seems to me to still be a little youthful innocence still in there. But then maybe I'm reaching. I just rather find the positive in my appearance. I've never been one to see the negative or to 'loathe' any part of me. If I see something that is different about me I choose to celebrate my uniqueness instead of criticize my flaws. I wish more women would be like that. Love what's different about you while working on becoming the best you can be.

7 comments:

jen said...

I see the youthful innocence. I like your attitude. I need to be more like that. I just don't know if I can celebrate my ugly feet though. I'll try!

Michelle said...

You are much further ahead than I am in this area. I see wrinkles around the eyes (that come with having kids) and I just try to ignore it or take off my contact lenses- then I look wrinkle free! No really though- I need to embrace more of myself especially the extra stubborn muffin top will not budge! And you do have beautiful eyes!

Lucy said...

You eyes are, indeed, unique and a very nice feature.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your attitude- and wish more women would embrace their 'imperfections' as uniqueness. Having two girls I am so glad that I am not openly critical of my features and hope to pass it along to them.

Diana said...

Your eyes are beautiful.

Unknown said...

what a fantastic photo. i love what you've said about your eyes, and what YOU see in them when you take a closer look.

Tamster said...

When you first asked the ? of what gets more attention from me and what not, I was thinking about how much time I seem to spend lately on the computer in Blogland! :-) That seems to be getting a lot more attention lately than my house, my kids, or myself! Well, maybe that's something to work on, but I guess that wasn't quite your point, was it?!
I really like what you said about how you look at yourself, and you're right that more women should think that way. Good attitude! And I agree that you have pretty eyes. You also have an interesting perspective regarding your eyes seeing beauty as well as being beautiful. That was cool. Anyway... I'd better get out of Blogland! :-)