Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pookie

To stay on the subject of names. My pet name Ryan calls me is Pookie Love. I'm not sure where he came up with it but I quite like it. I even put it on our wedding announcements. His nickname throughout high school and beyond was Whitey, primarily because of his last name. So on our wedding announcement I had Marjorie (Pookie Love) and Ryan (Whitey). We even ended up getting gifts addressed to Pookie and Whitey, I thought it was kind of cute.
So upon doing some online window shopping I came across this cute stuffed animal. His name? You guessed it, Pookie. I may have to make something similar to it for Ike. I love the Ugly dolls too. Making some stuffed animals for Ike is going to be my next project. My current project is top secret, just know that my hands are aching.
FYI if you google image Pookie there are some random cute pets and then there is a picture of a rather large man in his whitey very tighties working on his computer, I decided to spare you adding it to this post, but you know where to find it, I know your tempted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Ugly Dolls- I hope you do make one! The nicknames on your wedding announcement- totally awesome.

jen said...

Your wedding announcement was the most original I've ever seen! Camden wants an ugly doll.

Michelle said...

I love that you have nick names for each other. I keep telling myself that I will make a copy of the Ugly Dolls but haven't as usual.

Anonymous said...

Pook means 'goblin' in the English dictionary of surnames. In welsh it is spellt 'Pwch' pronounced 'Pook' also means 'goblin'.
I played rugby in America and because my surname is Pook I am often called Pookie or Pooky, which made my American friends laugh as they said Pookie was a name of a book about a rabbit called Pookie, at 6'2" and 21 stone I wasn't the stereo image of a rabbit,
I wish you well in your marriage
Andrew Pook