Thursday, November 15, 2007

Christmas Mouse

Picture removed for Jen, sorry for the nightmares.

In our house. I saw a mouse a few days ago in the kitchen so I bought a few mouse traps and put peanut butter in one and blue cheese in the other, neither of them trapped the mouse. I get home tonight and I see it on the floor, it freaks me out for a min, then as I got closer it wasn't running away. I had a glass on my counter so I put it over it and put a big cookbook on top of it. I'm leaving it for Ryan to deal with now. It's not dead but it's not exactly active, maybe there was some poison in the trap that he ate and didn't trap him. I know a lot of you are probably creeped out right now. I had a pet mouse when I was in kindergarten, I think they are kind of cute, but I do get freaked out a bit at first I'll admit, I don't want a wild mouse running around my house. I'm thinking of it as a Christmas Mouse and am imagining it with a little Santa hat on, that way it seems festive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a creepycute picture. I can't believe you were able to get a glass over it. We get a mouse here and there since there is a big field area behind us and they don't bother me too much- I mean they were here first and will be here when we move I am sure.

Anonymous said...

I suspect foul play. I could understand if this was the first mouse to die in your custody, but its the second! I move for a full investigation!

jen said...

OH MY! You must know from my blog that mice are my biggest fear. I'll be having nightmares tonight that I'm stuck in the glass with your creepy mouse. Thanks a lot! We did catch four in traps in our house but I never even saw one of them because Jason took care of it because he knew I'd have bad dreams.

Diana said...

I hate mice, I'm so glad you caught it!

Brittany said...

I was raised with a fear of mouse poop.... Haunta Virus ring a bell. I guess that is what happens when you grow up near a reservation.