It was a little over a year ago that Sarah took me to another David Sedaris reading. It was my third or forth time seeing him. Yes I'm a little obsessed. I tried to explain once at work that I was going to see my favorite author read. They were very confused. I've recently been included (after a little begging) in a book club. We are currently reading The History of Love, which is so far really good. On our to consider list for next month is Me Talk Pretty One Day by My David. My sister Sharon emailed me today saying it was one of her sons favorite books, sweet! David was as charming and / or neurotic in person...
He drew a picture of me throwing up in Sarah's book. When I told him how appropriate that was since I was pregnant, instead of the usual congrats and what not he asked me what my last name was. I told him and he didn't really have much to say after that. I expect nothing less. His show was brilliant as ever, can't wait for his return and next book. Side note: Sarah was so twitterpated with him she bought the wrong book for him to sign. It's worth having a second copy just for the pic of me.
2 comments:
I can't believe you threw up at a reading- that is funny. Esp. since he immortalized it for you.
I just started Naked and so far so good. You'll have to let me know when he comes again if I end up liking his stuff :) If I don't, does that mean we can't be friends?
I didn't actually throw up! That was just his schtick for the evening he was drawing people throwing up in peoples books.
I hope you like him but yes we can still be friends if you don't.
Post a Comment