Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SPT - 25th Hour


...but what if there was a way to do it all? what if there was a twenty-fifth hour of the day, an hour all to yourself! no commitments, no distractions, no need to sleep. what would you do?

First thing that came to mind was Sleep! I need it, I want it, I don't get enough of it. But Lelly, in her infinite wisdom ruled that out with the disclaimer that there was no need for sleep. Ok so what then. Hannah chose taking a bath which I have to admit sounds really nice, but I do get to indulge every once in a while, when Ryan isn't already in there. I've been enjoying working on my projects and I have a couple of books going that I need time to read. But when it boils down to it, the thing I most like to do is just to sit and hold Ike. In fact he's crying right now wanting to be held so I'll end this now and start doing my favorite thing.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE picture! I bet you just miss that little face all day long- I know I would. It is good you posted this, because by the time he is 3, you- or at least I did- forget how much more you wanted them near when they were little.

Sarah Bellum said...

I think this is the best picture ever of you. And that's saying a lot because there have been some really great ones over the years. You look so happy and content. I love it and love you.

The Monkeys said...

good for you- enjoy those little babies! I didn't appreciate when they were little enough! Now I am trying to enjoy all their many stages, before they don't want to be around me anymore!

Unknown said...

enjoy all those cuddling moments. my 7 year old is way to lanky and active for simple sitting on my lap anymore!

Michelle said...

He really is so cute! I agree, I get to indulge myself a lot already sometimes what I really need is cuddle time with my girls.

Chowza said...

This is a great photo of mother and son. You should try making it black and white bring playing with the brightness and shadows. Just a thought...it is fine just the way it is. :)

Kitty said...

I love this photo. You both look so happy. Ike is lucky to have such a pretty Mommy.

Elizabeth said...

When nothing else is pressing to get done, it is such a satisfying way to spend time.