Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Beautiful Bounty

I wish I could say this came out of my garden but it didn't. My friend Kellee Kellee who is an amazing gardener was generous enough to send me home with all this goodness. She also made some delicious plum jelly and some Jalapeno Jam which I'm planning on serving tonight over some cream cheese with wheat thins.
I've been thinking all the things I can do with these yummy tomatoes. I'm going to make a little salad with Italian cucumber, tomatoes, feta and balsamic vinegar. Look for it soon on my new food blog. I have to get some fresh mozzarella to have with the tomatoes and basil. I think I'll have to get some bacon to make a bacon tomato sandwich too. I've been dying to make this recipe for Roasted Ricotta Roma Tomatoes from The Pioneer Woman since I saw it. I'm looking forward to the next couple of days of good eating. Not to mention the squash and plums I got too.
There is nothing better than fresh fruits and veggies.
Anybody have any delicious suggestions?

6 comments:

annzy said...

I like oven roasting the tomatoes and tossing them with some fresh tomatoes and pasta ~it is a great summer dinner.

Anonymous said...

I have been making fresh salsa a lot lately, and zucchini bread/muffins/cake. I am hoping I have enough ripe tomatoes to do fresh salsa for the next BBC!

Amy said...

Mmmm. . .the tomato, basil and mozzarella (caprese) salad we had in Venice las summer was the culinary high point of our time in Venice! I love that combo, but don't make it very often bacause I can't bear to make it with supermarket tomatoes! Enjoy your yummy garden fresh produce!

Britt said...

I have a recipe for a mean chipotle salsa if you are interested. so yummy. 75% of the tomatoes in my garden go to salsa. now if I could only figure out how to get my cilantro to make it this far into the summer!

sharonhat said...

All right, that really makes me miss my garden (two homes ago)!!! I'm thinking about throwing some tomatoe plants in a few flower pots for fresh tomatoes I just don't have the space for a garden. I think you helped me make my decision. Ymmmm.

jen said...

I just picked a a bunch of huge roma tomatoes from my garden and now I have a new recipe to try. Thx!