I finally bit the bullet and signed up for Facebook. I've been putting it off because years ago I signed up for Friendster then everyone quit using it for Myspace then I got sick of MySpace but kept finding friends so couldn't cancel my account. So I put off facebook as long as I could. Then at bookclub on Tuesday all the girls kept talking about it and all the old friends they found so I figured why not. Now one of the worries I had has happened. I'm hooked. I can't help it, it's fun to find people I've been friends with and lost track of. Usually it takes running into someone and quickly asking about everyone you both knew to get the updates. But this way I get to see pics of them and their kids and some even have blogs.
I'm sure just about everyone who reads my blog already has a facebook page but if you don't check it out, EVERYONE is on there. And if you are on
stop by and say hi to me.
7 comments:
Marj...just wait until you get used to all the applications on Facebook (causes, games, etc.) You will find yourself just exploring FB for hours. :) About movies...two recent ones I saw were "Waitress" and "The Counterfeiters." Both amazing...I think you will REALLY like Waitress, The Counterfeiters took home the Oscar this year for best foreign film. Based on true story. Have you seen "Diving Bell?"
What is your name under so I can add you as a friend. there is a whole I grew up in the camarillo stake group too!!!
I love facebook. I'm not nearly as addicted to it as my blog but it is fun to see old friends. I had one request me to be her friend and I haven't thought of her since kindergarten. It was cool and weird.
I finally signed up last month. I really fought it, but am glad that I did it... I'll look you up- one more friend!
Facebook is like this black hole that you try to avoid but then you creep up closer, just to have a quick look, and before you know it you've fallen in! It's too late now, just embrace it!
it's pretty cool huh. I'm glad I signed up too!
That picture of you is freaking cute.
Post a Comment