Friday, September 28, 2007

I get to Decorate!

This is my favorite thing I've made Ryan buy for me, next to my circle chair. When I got it I got to pull out all my little odds and ends and arrange and rearange them on the shelf until I got the right balance. I think I did pretty good if I do say so myself. I mean look how proud Osky looks. Target finally had the matching pieces on sale so we bought the entertainment center with two more small bookshelfs and to sofa end tables, we can't find the coffee table sadly. I now have 8 whole shelves to docorate and I'm excited. I bought the 2.50 buhda and shiva they are selling at target but that's all i've got so far. I'm thinking of doing one shelf for me and one for Ryan, but still matching. Wish me luck, I'll post them when I'm done.

Two of Ryan's friends just bought houses in Salt Lake and I think we've convinced atleast one of them to let me decorate. I'm excited! He really needs to paint but otherwise it's a super cute house. Thank goodness for Ikea coming to town because then I can do it for as cheap or as nice as he wants. If anyone has seen any cute modern inexpensive stuff let me know. My staple haunts are Target, Ikea, Tai Pan, and TJ Maxx but I'm willing to expand.

4 comments:

Sarah Bellum said...

my fav shelf is the top left. i love it, and seeing it reminds me of the good ole days.

Anonymous said...

That is a cool shelf- and it rocks that you have friends who get to benefit from your skills. We went to Ikea last Sunday and it was complete sensory overload for me. I lack interior design skills and am finally at a place where I can admit that. Luckily I have friends who have skills and I just ask lots of questions. Lots.

Anonymous said...

So now I am curious what is in the frame in the top left corner...labels? Some sort of ephemera I would assume. I looks cool.

jen said...

Looks very nice! I will warn you now though that if Ike is anything like my boys, he will be using it as a jungle gym and he will be having a great time pulling everything off of it. Good Luck keeping it nice!