So I got called into my bosses office today and guess what...
I got Laid Off.
It's actually not that big of a surprise. The company works with construction and you probably all know how that industry is going. I'm actually ok about it. Ryan just became the Parts Manager at his work so we will be fine. I will be looking for another part time job however so if anyone knows of anything, preferably in Utah county, let me know.
On a lighter note, I was playing with my nephew Jace yesterday and I discovered the name that he has chosen for his soon to be little brother or sister. I had to ask him to repeat it a few times and have Emily translate. His name he's picked out is Effy Lou. He's three so use your imagination of how it sounds when he says it. I couldn't stop laughing and made him say it about 10 times. I can't wait to see little Effy Lou!
7 comments:
I hope you get some me time before you go back to work. A break is always a nice thing. I'm sorry it happened though. I think you will find an amazing job that you will love. You deserve it for sure.
hugs,
Kat
man that's too bad. If I hear of anything I'll for sure let you know.
I'm going to go be a substitute teacher. It's $85 a day up here, I heard it was only $50 a day down in Utah Valley though. It's work when you want to work...
Sorry about your job. Good luck on finding a new one. Effy Lou is hilarious!
Oh man, I am sorry about your job, I know it wasn't that big of a shock, but it still sucks. I think you should work at a great shoe store and get us all amazing discounts.
Effy Lou?? Poor Emily.
Sorry about the job! That's pretty stinky, even if it wasn't too surprising. I hope they are giving you some sort of severance or something. Nice birthday present, huh?! Geesh!
I hope you find what you need, but enjoy the time off with your cutie!
Happy Birthday in a few days! :-)
Sorry you got laid off. I thought the "Effy Lou" reference was slang for something else when I first read it. Ha.
I love the things little kids say. Are his parents considering the name Effy Lou? I knew a family whose 3 year old came up with the name "Relish" and they kept it for their newborn son! Kinda crazy.
Post a Comment