Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter Everyone

I just wanted to wish everyone a Hoppy Easter, ha ha. Isn't this Easter tree gorgeous, I found it at http://www.blumchen.com/ along with these sugar eggs. I was remembering how we always had sugar eggs when I was a kids. Although when I was just revisiting some of my Easter memories I realized that it was probably the same egg year after year. I just thought it was so cool and imagined the little bunny hopping around inside when I wasn't looking.
When I was about 12 I became the one in the family that put Easter baskets together. I'm not sure why since I was the youngest, but maybe that was it, no one else cared. I just remember going to the store with one of my sisters and picking stuff out then setting out what ever basket or wicker plates I could find around the house and putting candy on them for everyone. Back then the only thing that really mattered was having candy to bring to church, although it usually ended up falling on a fast Sunday. Our family was never really big on holidays, the only one we decorated for was Christmas. Ryan's family however, complete opposite. Every little holiday Ryan's mom's house is fully decorated. Same goes for his sisters. So I've been noticing and trying to decorate a little more as well. I decided I really like Easter decorations. I have a thing for birds and eggs lately so it's perfect. I might have to check out the after Easter sales and see if they are giving anything away (75% off or more). I do have one decoration.
I guess all that is why Ryan and my first Easter together I neglected to get him an Easter basket. He kind of made a stink about it so the next week I had one waiting for him to make up for my neglect. And every year since, I've made sure to have a nice basket for him.
I actually wasn't planning on having an Easter Basket for Ike, because well he's 9 months old, can't eat candy and won't remember anyways. Well sweet Aunt Holly, who is actually in China as I type, had this basket for him waiting at Ryan's parents. It has a cute shape sorting toy, and 5 cute books in it and Easter eggs. She saved the day, now I look like a really thoughtful parent. I'll have a basket for him next year.

9 comments:

Tamster said...

Hey, I'd forgotten all about that, but I think my mom had one of those sugar eggs too! What a fun memory! :-)

Robyn said...

Happy Easter! Those Easter decorations are beautiful. I have to admit that I only decorate for Christmas too. If I saw something I liked for other holidays, I might be persuaded, but I still wouldn't go crazy. I like to keep things minimal.

Kitty said...

Happy Easter.
I loved reading this post. I love that you can start your own traditions and work on getting your holiday supplies together. I'm working on it to. I hope you find some great deals. I saw a cute basket at target that reminded me of ike. It's a plush baseball.
hugs

Bridget said...

Happy Easter- Rich and I have never done baskets for each other! We (I) have only done them for our kids! Good for you! Hopefully he got you a basket that first year. Evan's in Orem has some really cute Easter stuff that goes to 50% for sure and probably to 75% off- last week it was 40% off...

Tamster said...

I don't think we've ever done them for each other either. And frankly, that's perfectly fine with me!
I didn't get any flowers, though, and that's what I like. But that's okay, too, I guess; we really don't need to spend the money on that right now. He'll be planting some flowers in the garden soon, so I guess that will make up for it! :-)
Happy Easter!

Kitty said...

Hey,
The Martha Stewart Living Magazine (April issue) has a section called Spring Awaking and it shows how to make crepe paper birds and birds nests. I thought of you when I saw it.
hugs

Brittany said...

I am so proud that you are decorating your house... I knew we would all rub off on you eventually! I will let you know when the Halloween trees are in stock :)

Diana said...

Happy Easter. I am very big into holidays I think because my mom was.
I hope your day was great.

Karen said...

It was fun reading your post. My Mom used to buy us the sugar Easter eggs when we were little. I used to lick the bottom of them till summer... as much as I loved them, I think that is the reason I don't buy them for my kids.