Friday, March 21, 2008

My $2.00 Project...

Or how I earned my keep today...




Ok so I didn't count the cost of the Mod Podge, but I only used half a bottle so you can add a buck to that total.
I had planned on just painting the cupboards white today. They've had one coat of paint on them for a few months with a few vases just put up there.

Then I got the idea to use my cool Amy Butler paper that I found at Roberts for .50 cents a sheet (adding up to my $2 dollars) to do a little boarder on the molding that for some reason is in the cupboards. Maybe it was the paint fumes, but I then got the idea to use twigs so Ike and I went for a walk and found some cool little twigs to use. I'm starting to look around the house to see where else I can use them, but I'll probably refrain.
I'm sure I'll fiddle with it a little more, but I think it turned out pretty cute. Took me long enough to finally do something with the open cupboards, but now that I'm not working I've got projects galore to get busy with. Keep posted for the next inspired creation.

10 comments:

Tamster said...

Very cute! You have a creative gift. I never would have thought to do that. Good job!

Hey, I noticed you saved the best for last in your list of friends and family! ;-)

Kitty said...

I love the twigs and little birds. It looks great.
hugs

Anonymous said...

So cute- you have a way! If I had the money, I would so hire you and tell you to drag your butt over here and work your magic!

Anonymous said...

What talent. Glad I can claim you as my daughter. So glad you do your blog so I can keep up with all you do while we are in Costa Rica. I finally added one picture to mine. Hope to add a video clip. May need your help. Love you, Mom

Robyn said...

What a great project. I love the papers (Amy Butler is fabulous) and it looks so cute in that space. Very cool.

jen said...

I SO do not have any decorating creativity! Nice Job! I love what you did!

Brittany said...

You Rock! Seriously.... why don't you just break down and scrapbook. I know you want to! My Aunt's store has a blog now and they are having a drawing if you leave a comment you could win a cool scrapbook thing. Maybe you will win it and be forced to book with me!
momandmescrapbooking.blogspot.com

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...

You are amazingly talented with decorating.

Karen said...

That is so cute! Great idea!!!