I hate the name of that store...
I want a new rug, ok actually I need a new rug. The one we have in our living room is just a piece I got free from the flooring company I worked with. I never got the edges finished because then it wouldn't have been free. But now I have Ike and he likes to put pieces of rug that come off the edge into his mouth.

So there is the dilemma, where to find a decent rug, that's cool and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If I had my hearts desire I would get an Angela Adams rug. They are so beautiful and just my style. Only they cost around 1000.00 which is about 800.00 more than I'd be willing to pay. We looked at RC Willey, Hancock Fabric. I've looked online at Ikea and Home Depot and haven't seen anything I've really liked. I want something modern but not ugly contemporary if you know what I mean. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
5 comments:
I love the rug in the top photo! Don't you hate it when your budget is so far off from what you like?(story of my life!) I wish I knew a good place to recommend, but alas, this is Utah! Good luck with your search.
I got a great area rug from Down East Home in Draper. Pottery barn brand but at outlet price.
You do have good taste in rugs. I checked out Angela Adam's site very cute.
Good luck. I have no budget for such luxuries so I don't have any ideas for you. I'll have to ask around.
Hey Midge. I hope its not weird that I am commenting. I found your blog from Hannah's and I can't not share a good find. I wanted a rug in blues and browns and didn't want to spend a thousand bucks either. I actually needed two, one for my entry and one for, my living room. I found one at Lowes, well two! One was 5X7, one was 8X11, blues, brownes, rectangles I can't find it at lowes.com I got mine in Logan, the big one was 250, I got both for 320. I was a great find, so check Lowes.
Good luck! Rugs are terribly expensive and then such a decorating investment because you've spent so much on them.
Check ShopKo, Smith's Market Place, Target & Walmart. Maybe just maybe you'll get lucky. I love the rugs you posted.
Post a Comment