I totally just killed a snake in my backyard! Can you say heart racing. I actually don't have a fear of snakes, I actually kind of like them. but I like the ones in the pet store that I know are nice, not the ones in my backyard that are set to come in my house. For a split second I thought about grabbing it but quickly redirected that into grabbing a shovel. Yep I cut the bad boy in half. So creepy, it kept trying to bite the shovel. Only problem is I can't bring myself to pick it up now that it's dead and put it in the garbage. Ryan is really scared of snakes but I think he's going to have to man up, either that or call his dad, cause I can't do it. I'm definitely having snakemares tonight.

12 comments:
Ooooo, my...you are truely brave. I think your job is done! Call in the boys for sure. I must say, you ROCK.
Wow, you are a brave girl! I don't know what I would've done. Go soak in the bath tub, you deserve it!
GREAT JOB!
I totally do not like snakes at all. They creep the hell out of me! I don't think I would have even been able to kill it like you did- you brave woman you...
I'd take on a snake any day, but a mouse- NO WAY! My basement is a disaster right now because since we had a mouse down there, I haven't been down, so I just throw stuff down the stairs. You are totally brave though. I still can't believe you dared put a jar over a mouse. Congratulations on your bravery! I need to figure out how to overcome my fear of mice!!!!!!
You are a strong woman! Way to protect your family from the evil garden snake!
yikes! i'm like you, i don't mind things like snakes, mice or spiders as long as they stay outside and are not on me. if you want, i'll come and scoop it up with the shovel and dump it in the trash :)
wow, that's a great story- do you know what kind of snake?
@jason&jen - you could always throw a live snake into your basement to get rid of the mouse!
AK I'm pretty sure it was a black mamba. Ryan was brave and tossed it for me and kept saying how big it was "that was way bigger than my thumb" but thanks for the offer Kelly. Jen I'll come hold your hand when you go downstairs.
I do feel bad I had to kill it but I didn't feel like I had an option.
I like ak's idea of placing a snake in the basement. What if it dies and I can't find it and it stinks though? I MUST face my fear. This post is about Midge though. I somehow can always find a way to throw my fear of mice in.
That is so creepy. Why didn't you just run in the house and look out the window like a normal person?
We get rats occasionally. I still have to identify every sound in the night to make sure we don't have another one. The last two came while Kevin was in DC on a week trip. One stuck himself to a sticky trap in the kitchen. Bradlee helped me get him out to the trash by sticking a broom to the trap and putting rat, trap & broom in a bag and into the trash. The other was in my bathroom. Instead of dealing with it I just barricaded the door, slid some poison under it and waited for Kevin to come home. I think waiting for the guy is always the best solution.
Okay, yeah, I think I'd be pretty freaked out! You are a very brave woman! You go, girl! :-)
I don't like snakes or creepy crawlies. I don't mind mice, but not in my house. We used to live out by Utah Lake, and we'd get mice occasionally. The landlords upstairs would let us borrow their cat to get it. One day (this is when my daughter was barely 2), my husband was out doing some weed-whacking, and Jessica was playing near him. He took her in and put her down for a nap then resumed his work. Suddenly he saw blood and realized that the weed-whacker had struck a rattle snake. It wasn't dead, so he got a board or shovel or something and hit it over the head. Long story short, he killed it, but had the weed-whacker not gotten it, it probably would have gotten my husband because he didn't hear it over the weed-whacker. It wasn't until he saw the blood that he noticed it. The really scary thing is that my toddler had just been playing right around there and could have easily been struck by the rattler. Jeremy skinned it and nailed the skin to a board (he chopped the head off). I told him he was not going to keep it, but he won; we still have it. It creeps me out, but he won't get rid of it.
The day we moved out of that house, let's just say I was not too sad about it. As we were moving everything out of our bedroom, we found a live snake in our room, right where our bed had been. My husband didn't even know for sure what kind it was (and he's pretty knowledgeable about that kind of stuff, having grown up in a very small town--country boy) or whether it was poisonous. We have no idea how long it had been there, whether it had just gotten in while we were moving stuff out and had doors and windows open, or if it had been there for awhile (maybe enjoying our mice?). It still gives me the chills just thinking about all of this. Ewwwww! Let's just say, I don't have any desire to live in the country.
Where we live now, we do have wild rabbits hopping around our yard, but at least they are cute. (Although I feel like Mr. McGregor when it comes to my garden and don't want Peter eating it!) We have had brown recluse spiders in our house, which is really not so cool, so needless to say we have a pest control service! They are worth every penny. (That's also what a friend told me before we moved into our house, and I didn't think it was necessary until moving in and finding so many spiders, poisonous ones at that. Now I agree with her whole-heartedly; it's worth EVERY penny!!!)
Boy... Sorry... I hope you enjoy my book! :-)
Post a Comment