Friday, May 23, 2008

Monkey vs. Robot

Ike's birthday is fast approaching and I've been researching party ideas. At first I was set on having a monkey party but now I'm starting to consider a robot party instead. I know Brittany I need to decide soon so you can work on your costume. One of the most important factors to me however, as you may have guessed, is which could I make cuter cupcakes for.
If I could pull it off, these robot cupcakes would win hands down, but I've never used fondant before, but maybe that's a reason to try.
these monkey ones are awfully cute too and would be much easier. I want a pinata too. Other than that I don't have big plans. Anyone have any ideas?

Of coarse Flight of the Conchords do it best and make me lean towards the Robots.
Vote for which you think Ike would like, then give me suggestions of what I can do.

14 comments:

Tamster said...

The robot cupcakes are really cute, but I love monkeys! Also, with the monkeys, if someone takes one it doesn't ruin the picture. With the robots, a cupcake being eaten would remove a body part. Just a thought. They are both very cute, though. You could do a Curious George thing! I love Curious George! Of course, that's me; I don't know what Ike likes! Good luck in any case! :-)

jen said...

I think a monkey party would be perfect for a one year old party! I love kid birthday parties. We are doing a spy party for Caleb and Camden. I can't wait to see what you creatively put together. Is that how you spell creatively? I think that since I like you and Jason likes your husband that we should go on a cruise or trip together one day. Let's all start saving now.

Kitty said...

I like the Robots. I especially like Jemaine dressed up as a robot. Will he be at Ike's party? If that's the case, I'm going to have to fly out for the event. But truely, I love the robots. I think you should spray paint a bunch of boxes silver and get out some tin foil and take some groovy photos. That would be priceless. Also, the robot cupcakes are super cute. I think you could mix it up and not do all of them with fon... (oh, whatever that stuff is that doesn't look like it tastes good but looks cool. Monkeys or Robots, the party is going to be a hit because you are going to be the party planner and you ROCK. Oh, if you decide to go with the monkeys (which are also super cute cupcakes in my opinion) I think you should make up some of that Southern goodness with the bananas, pudding and nilla crackers. They love that stuff down here, it's pretty good and I think little ones will love it and fit in with the monkey theme. Good LUCK.

JACK!E said...

NO WAY you're having a pinata for Ike's birthday!!! We are having one for Gavin's. I am going to buy it next week. I was trying to think of exactly what design I want tonight at work and what cute bags I could buy for the kids to gather the candy in. Funny. I did a party for my little sister with a pinata and it was awesome so I can't wait to do this one!

Anonymous said...

I love the robots- but I say save them for a year when he would be excited for all that hard work. Fondant is easy- you roll it like dough and cut it out like sugar cookies.

The monkey cupcakes are SO cute- and you could do a lot with that theme from invites to decor to food to favors.

Cecilia said...

They are both really cute, but I prefer the monkeys. They have really cute decorations at Zurchers in Orem. But with your creative mind and talent, you can probably make your own decor!
I can't wait to see what you decide! Have fun!!!

Kents said...

Jonathan loves Flight of the Concords! That is so funny. "It's business time!"
Isaac is really into Robots right now, but he is 2 1/2. I prefer the robots, but for one year olds, I think monkeys would be better. Work with fondant a little, put robots in your back pocket for next year...

Robyn said...

Well... I was going to say robots because I love those cupcakes! However, I have to agree with the concensus that Ike might be too young to appreciate all that hard work. You could really do more with that theme for older children.

Like Hannah said, I have used fondant and it's just like play doh. So painfully easy and it looks great. I just don't like the taste, but what does that have to do with anything?!

Shari said...

I think you should do Monkeys and if you need any invite or decoration ideas. I found some cool ideas using the cricut machine. You could borrow mine if you wnated. I'll post it up on my site.

Brittany said...

Christian wants a Robot birthday party. But I am not quite sure he understands that it is not for him!
THey are both so cute! I am glad it is not my decision, but I will help you make the cupcakes and stuff when the time comes.

Amy said...

Those robot cupcakes are just too adorable! I would totally vote for those, but experimentation may not be the best thing to do when planning a birthday party. OF course it is only his first birthday, so he won't know (or care) how they turn out, just that he gets to put his fingers in one.

Kelly said...

yes, afirmative - robots win, hands down. i love FOTC. i love the live version of "the humans are dead" on youtube.

Anonymous said...

Yea, leave the robots for when he really knows what they are, and is "in to" them. He'll outgrow the monkeys sooner than the robots. Which ever you do, you'll have the best looking cupcakes on the block!

Alisa said...

I agree with everyone else,
monkeys now, robots later.