
I have a new respect for cake decorators. I decided I needed to step up my game with my cupcakes. If you know me you know I've become a bit obsessed with cupcakes of late. Even though I've been making them a lot I haven't been putting much effort into them.

So I decided to make my own frosting and get a decorating kit so I could make them look cute. Well it ended up being a lot more work with less than brilliant results. My first batch of frosting tasted really wrong due to some old cocoa, which I just realized I mixed in the two I decorated with the nasty frosting in with the others. That would be due to the fact that my dog ate the frosting off of the four cupcakes closest to the edge of the table. It made me feel less guilty about getting mad at my dog earlier for the cupcake that Ike got into. Did I mention the powdered sugar and cocoa powder everywhere.

This is what I aspire to. They sold them at the Beehive Bazaar but I missed them there so I made a trip to
Dear Lizzie in Cedar Hills and bought one from their bistro. Yum!
10 comments:
Cute cupcakes. Cupcakes are great I like the so much more than regular cake.
While cute, I still like the cupcakes you made for my birthday better.
You have to start somewhere- and cupcakes are a great place because you can try lotsa stuff. I think you are well on your way and feel free to bring me any form of trials you need to offload ;)
Too cute. I love cupcakes. Man, you are going to be the shower throwing queen someday. Anyone who can make goodies that pretty has to throw showers. I can't wait to be a shower thrower. I'm silly like that, I guess?
HUGS
I think your cupcakes are looking great- I prefer chocolate frosting.
THose cupcakes are amazing! How was the Beehive Bazaar? I am set on going next year!
Marj, that was so funny, as the page was loading I thought you were going to say that YOU made the ones from the bazaar. I was going to be so impressed and amazed. Don't get me wrong, yours look great too but those are just downright adorable. They look delicious. Good luck in your cake decorating!
They look adorable!!! A lot better than I could've done! I want to go next year to the Beehive Bazaar!!!
i can't believe i missed out on midge cup cakes the other night! sorry I missed out - i hope that doesn't take me off the cool list ;)
Nice job! I love cupcakes. I just finished off some ice cream. A cupcake would have been nice to go along with hit.
Post a Comment