Now if I told you you need to see a documentary about some senior citizens singing, you would probably dismiss it without a thought. But what if I told you 'Young at Heart' is THE most heartwarming movie I've seen in a very long time. I laughed and I'm not too big of a woman to tell you I bawled like a baby. It starts off with a 92 year old British woman who is a former burlesque dancer singing a punk rock song. If that isn't enough for you to rent it, get it anyways and just wait til they sing Cold Plays - Fix you. The songs they sing take on a whole other meaning when song by people in there 70's and 80's. It really shows the older generation in a different light and makes you realize they really aren't that different than us. I think no matter how old you are, you always feel young on the inside. I think this would be a great movie to show your kids too, might give them some respect for the older generation.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Can you say Heartwarming
Now if I told you you need to see a documentary about some senior citizens singing, you would probably dismiss it without a thought. But what if I told you 'Young at Heart' is THE most heartwarming movie I've seen in a very long time. I laughed and I'm not too big of a woman to tell you I bawled like a baby. It starts off with a 92 year old British woman who is a former burlesque dancer singing a punk rock song. If that isn't enough for you to rent it, get it anyways and just wait til they sing Cold Plays - Fix you. The songs they sing take on a whole other meaning when song by people in there 70's and 80's. It really shows the older generation in a different light and makes you realize they really aren't that different than us. I think no matter how old you are, you always feel young on the inside. I think this would be a great movie to show your kids too, might give them some respect for the older generation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Miss Pretty,
We have this on our Netflix queue. Now, I am even more excited to see it. I can't wait, I'm going to bump it up on the list.
HUGS,
kat
Wait--but what's it called? I've never even heard of this one. Which is not too surprising, since I'm always the last to hear about good documentaries!
Even though I am secretley terrified of aging, I developed a major soft spot in my heart for the older generations. It started with visiting the retirement center, Apple Tree, in Kaysville. I was in Junior High and there was an amazing lady, Barbara. She told me that the key to aging is to stay young at heart. I will never forget that.
Thanks for the recommend!
Your blog is so cool! I wish I had your skills.
I definitely need to see that movie.
I agree with you on the ink and thought about that too, but I get about 80% of my coupons from the newspaper where I pay 1.00. I Try not to print very much for just that reason.
Yaaay Marj! I'm glad you watched "Young at Heart." Wasn't the part with the two friends rehearsing "Fix You" beautiful but, at the same time, sad? I cried many times during the film as well.
Post a Comment