Sunday, September 23, 2007

Don't use generic spray.

My Pam ran out.

Enough said. Except I had been literally craving Coconut cake all week and I made myself wait till Sunday to make it because I usually make dessert for family dinner. As I laid in bed this morning before getting up I was thinking should I make cupcakes, should I make it a layer cake, what about the filling, should I use one of my pretty cake stands from my wedding. I even bought coconut that I was going to toast and sprinkle on top. I decided on the bundt cake since I didn't come up with a solid filling idea. Sprayed the pan... something doesn't seem right with this spray, oh it will be fine.

Then This!

5 comments:

Satyam said...

Hey!! Nice blog! Your blog reminds me of Dawn Meehan. I'm sure you have heard of her, but just in case you havent, heres the link to her blog...

http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/

Dainon. said...

Spray, then "flour" your pan. Once it's done, wait at least 30 minutes. Use a knife around the edges to free up anything sticking to it. Then and only then should you dare to flip it over. I've made an amazing chocolate Bundt cake too many times to mention, so I know of what it is I speak (and I've learned by sad experience, having done the same thing you did at least half a-dozen times).

As for generic spray, I use it every time.

Anonymous said...

I don't know- I use generic stuff in a lot of my ingredients- but I threw away my Kroger spray after many failed attempts. It just pissed me off one to many times. I bake a lot and it just sucks.

The flour thing though- totally do that with spray and baking cakes, unless it is a cake with egg whites that needs to "climb" the pan.

Sorry for the loss of a pretty cake. You still ate it though, right? I mean, all that work...

Midge said...

I appreciate the advice guys. Dainon, I'm sad I never got to try one of your amazing chocolate cakes. I've use the pan several times without hitch using Pam so I'm still blaming the spray, thanks for agreeing with me on that one Hannah. I put plastic wrap over it with the intention of eating it but it will probly go to waste sadly.

Sarah Bellum said...

Midge, I think it's important you try until you get it right. This may or may not be said in hopes of eating cake at your house.