Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rocky Addict

No not Balboa, that would be Ryan's addiction. I'm hooked on Rocky Votolato, I get to see him at club Velour again this Friday with the girls. I had been anxiously anticipating this new album coming out since I can't get enough of Makers and Suicide Medicine. So the new album comes out, I listen to it once and thought, ah, a little too country sounding, but I liked it, but kind of neglected it. With the show coming up I decided I needed to listen to the album again. It's now on non-stop repeat on my Ipod and I love it. You can't just listen to Rocky, you need to let his music infect you. You need to get to the point you can sing along to every song then you can't get enough. I'm excited for the show, It's at my friend Corey Fox's club in Provo, which is a intimate venue. Last time Rocky was walking around afterwards, I could have easily stopped and talked to him but my groupie days have passed. If you haven't listened to him I highly recommend him to anyone.

http://www.rockyvotolato.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His style is very unique- I can see liking it a lot. His voice is oh so smooth and, well, melty :) Thanks for the hook up, going to fully check it out this weekend.

Anonymous said...

So I have officially checked out his stuff and I like it a lot. Thanks!

Midge said...

I could burn you copies and drop them off in your mail box, if you aren't worried I'm a stalker you can email me. dlxmfs@hotmail.com The question is though, are you addicted to him yet? don't worry you will be if you give him a chance.