
One of my favorite Christmases was the year I got my Ninja Skateboard! I thought I was so cool and had delusions of becoming the first woman (girl) pro Skater. I tried so hard to master the handstand where you hold the board on your feet. Only problem was my board weighed about 20 pounds and was hard to lift with one hand. I never told my parents but I found the skateboard in the water heater closet a few weeks before Christmas, sorry for snooping. I guess it was payback for that perm. Needless to say it all makes for a great picture.
10 comments:
Are you wearing Ked's?
Fun blog, I love this picture! It makes me want to do some digging into past Christmas photos.
Sorry Midge, that last comment was from me, somehow I was signed in as my daughter and didn't realize it!
Excellent picture! Why did our mother's subject us to the permed big hair? I will never understand it.
That's hilarious! You just made my day. I think I might just use this as wallpaper on my computer.
I love your old photo! Hope it's ok looking in on your blog now and then- I'd love to see if you know what happened to old friends/acquaintances. I'm so jealous of your book group. I think some of those gals are connected to girls on my blog roll. Sounds like our husbands are similar in their anti- capitalism beliefs it makes things so not fun for the female shopper- a ton of guilt.
My oldest daughter wants a mini longboard for christmas- she doesn't ever skate! I know she wants to be cool, but I am not going to indulge her! I'll get her a barbie instead! jk
I had a RAD skateboard too when I was younger. I'm sad I don't have any pics of me on it though.
Proving you've been cool from day one, excluding the perm.
That is a great picture. Do you skateboard a lot? Did you become a skater girl?
Post a Comment