I don't think I've watched A Charlie Brown Christmas since I was a kid, therefore I didn't pick up on the subtle satire and social commentary. I read an article in last months Vanity Fair about Charles Shultz. It was interesting to learn how closely the strip followed his life.Charlie Brown reminded me of Ryan with his view of Christmas at the beginning especially this quote.
"my own dogs gone commercial, I can't stand it."
3 comments:
I've watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special twice in one week already! I love it, and I still get teary-eyed when Linus talks about the meaning of Christmas and the last scene where the kids gather around the little tree.
I haven't seen that movie since I was like 12- I bet Mya would dig it now.
I love that movie although I haven't seen it in years. Ryan sounds like such a good guy.
Post a Comment