You can't front on David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing Little Drummer Boy. I have to say it's one of my favorite Christmas songs from when I was young and still now. I was listening to it again today and I have to admit I got chills. The part where it says. 'every child must be made aware, every child must me made to care, care enough for his fellow man to give all the love that he can.' something about having a child now and raising him in a 'time of war' makes it all the more poignant.
I was listening to this song with my sister-in-law Emily and she said they must have done this song like Nat and Natalie Cole after Bing was dead. I said, haven't you ever seen the video. It's a vivid memory from my Christmas's growing up. So I thought I would included it because like the song it too is classic. I can't believe Bowie got away with asking if Bing was the new butler.
1 comment:
Marj, I wish I had just a little of your talent. How I enjoy your blog and Ike's. You had my very favorite Christmas song. Everytime it come on my ipod I play it loud and several times. Now I have watched your video a number of times. How do you get it to work. Love you so much. Merry Christmas to your wonderful family. Love, Mom
Post a Comment